Default DIY Swim Platform Pad

Hello,

Did this last spring and haven't gotten around to posting about it.

When I bought my '12 Mobius LSV from the original owner the swim platform pad was starting to peel up on the edges and only got worse once I added more ballast. I started looking into replacements from Seadeck etc and the cost was pretty crazy to get something I liked. I found Agendasurf a company out of San Diego was doing some pretty cool new things so I ordered a sheet of their Hexagon dual color boat flooring in a faux teak looking brown over black. It took them a few tries to get the CNC machine to cut the material correctly but they were fantastic to work with and ultimately I was very happy with the outcome!

Here is the sheet.

And the old pad before removal:
    Last edited by Tylerrnemt; 01-03-2020 at 05:08 PM.

quite the mess while removing but some elbow grease and a good polish with my DA orbital had it looking pretty good:

I used the old rubber pad as a template and traced it out on 1/4" hardboard to make a template for future replacement. I added a 1/4" border around the original as it had shrunk over the years:

I then used the template and laid it out so it was symmetrical and simply cut it out with an Exacto knife:

Last edited by Tylerrnemt; 01-03-2020 at 05:16 PM.

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

It was very easy to install and it is stuck crazy well....The adhesive they use is top notch....I believe the material itself is Hydroturf.

Last edited by Tylerrnemt; 01-03-2020 at 05:17 PM.

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

Overall I am very pleased with the outcome for the price and would highly recommend Agenda!

-Tyler

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

great job, looks awesome. My pad is still in pretty good shape, but what i would really like to do is get a new surf platform but can't justify spending that kind of $$$.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

That looks great. I tried to do the same. Ordered material from Agenda but I couldn’t use the old one as a template since it came apart in small pieces. I screwed it up trying to cut it so I ended up buying a Seadek one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work! Getting that old glue off is always a PITA. DIY always makes the outcome feel so much better.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)