Default 2020 Supra SA 550 Video

Just noticed this on social media:

2018 Supra SL400

Love wake9 reviews!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Good stuff and Robert is an awesome person to talk to.

Hope he continues the Polar Bear Event in 2020 on Norris Lake.
    2018 Supra SL400

nice vid.
    robert is a super nice guy and an ambassador to wakesurfing..
    fortunate enough to have attended a polar bear a while ago and love the events for their unbiased reviews of the boats/boards that show up. wish he did more reviews of boats from other vendors BUT know where the paycheck is coming from.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    nice vid.
    robert is a super nice guy and an ambassador to wakesurfing..
    fortunate enough to have attended a polar bear a while ago and love the events for their unbiased reviews of the boats/boards that show up. wish he did more reviews of boats from other vendors BUT know where the paycheck is coming from.
    From other Vendors, I think the reasoning is what do they stand to win? More downside potential? Maybe that will change now that he lives down here in the wake boat factory land.

I thought on the Polar Bear events, it was the consumers that offered to have the event 'use' their boat. I could be wrong.

If you are getting "no review or video", that says something. He does not trash-talk other boats. Someone could ask Tige Boats about that.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I thought on the Polar Bear events, it was the consumers that offered to have the event 'use' their boat. I could be wrong.
    the one I was at was a minute ago but the boats there were owned by the manufacturers(it was split with some being from the manufacturers as rep boat and some were owned by the dealership that robert worked with to sponsor the event) with the only exception being the tige z3 which was roberts personal boat provided by tige(and I'm sure it was at a steep discount since he worked for them). moomba was there with mmandley's mojo but due to insurance regulations on skiers part it was not allowed to be part of the event. Mike bought the boat after the weekend.
    would not surprise me that the later ones are customer boats.

I love his video work. he does a great job setting up and showing what he is doing and his editing is top notch. he won't be producing anything beyond supra/moomba tho as long as they are the name on the paycheck and I get that. brand loyalty aside there are a lot of great surf boats out there and would be nice to see him produce independent reviews of them.

he won't be producing anything beyond supra/moomba tho as long as they are the name on the paycheck and I get that.
    True that. I did not think of the signed agreements with SC. Could not agree more about the independent reviews.
    2018 Supra SL400

Why in the world would Wake9 make review videos for anyone other than Skiers or whoever is paying them? Doesn't even make sense to think otherwise. He doesn't bash other boats, but his business that his family is currently benefiting from is videos and content for 1 company. He isn't an independent review person. Neither was WakeboardingMag.com for that matter. All the companies paid them to review their boats. Nobody is going to review them all for nothing, everyone wants to get paid for their time. Norris Lake does have an event where all the top line boats can meet up with consumers to ride them and judge for themselves. Events like that around the country are about as close as it'll get for unbiased reviews.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Why in the world would Wake9 make review videos for anyone other than Skiers or whoever is paying them? .
    he has done that in the past polar bears to a certain degree. the one I was at has several vids that were released. not to the extent of the supra video above but shots of them nonetheless. this was all while on tige's payroll although I believe at the time he was also still doing web design for other companies and not exclusive to tige only.

he has done that in the past polar bears to a certain degree. the one I was at has several vids that were released. not to the extent of the supra video above but shots of them nonetheless. this was all while on tige's payroll although I believe at the time he was also still doing web design for other companies and not exclusive to tige only.
    His event 2 years ago, he talked highly of all the boats there, but his main focus will be whoever is funding him. You can go back and watch the event video to see that, he was even surprised at how well the Heyday wave was. He didn't do the event last year due the fires. Hopefully they resume this year on Norris.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold