Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    With the DEF systems and particulate filters and EGRs now a days if I ever bought a HD truck I would go gas too. I’ve been keeping an eye on the new Ford 7.3 Godzilla. Seems the goal was to go with tried and true simple technology for longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 7.3 was in consideration. I would love to have one I was just nervous about it being a 1st year new model. I'm sure they will be just fine ford does a great job with their trucks. I agree with the hesitation on the new diesels. I know they can be deleated but I want a truck that can do everything I want it to do the way I want it to do it straight from the factory. I don't like doing modifications post production
    '18 mojo

If not needing or wanting new, or just don't tow very much, a used Chevy Avalanche could be the ticket. My old 04 Z71 tows 8000 pounds and gets 17 mpg highway. It is very comfortable around town and toddler approved, lol. I did upgrade the shocks and brakes and added Timbren progressive bump stops.... But for 5k all in, it is everything I need. The 09 and up LTZ are very nice, and the Cadillac EXT is amazing and tows even more. There is also an Avalanche 2500 option with an 8.1L that can tow about anything you put behind it.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

The new Z71 Tahoe and Suburban look great

I have a 2017 Ram 2500, but will need to upgrade my wife's SUV at some point if we want to pull the trailer as well.
    Also - I noticed that without a drop hitch I've maxed the OEM trailer jack out. My truck is factory height with self levelling airbags.

And - barely fitting in my 8' garage door.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Magnum; 11-02-2020 at 11:28 AM.