Default PerfectPass river mode

For all the guys that still run older boats and still have PerfectPass, I just upgraded to the stargazer gps edition and was worried about the speed being off on the river we boat on. I combed through the internet for months looking for an answer to this. I want to save you guys some trouble if you're still thinking about upgrading but worried about the gps. The stargazer has a river mode software that will let you disable the gps and just rely on the good old paddle wheel again.

I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by just calling perfectpass and asking, I hate phone calls though! Also, I know we've all heard it before, but pp customer service is unrivaled. I worked with Mark and it was an easy upgrade. He was very knowledgeable about the product and recommended river mode for my application.

Quote Originally Posted by LSIS4 View Post
    For all the guys that still run older boats and still have PerfectPass, I just upgraded to the stargazer gps edition and was worried about the speed being off on the river we boat on. I combed through the internet for months looking for an answer to this. I want to save you guys some trouble if you're still thinking about upgrading but worried about the gps. The stargazer has a river mode software that will let you disable the gps and just rely on the good old paddle wheel again.

I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by just calling perfectpass and asking, I hate phone calls though! Also, I know we've all heard it before, but pp customer service is unrivaled. I worked with Mark and it was an easy upgrade. He was very knowledgeable about the product and recommended river mode for my application.
    I boat on a river also. I have PP Wakeboard pro. I honestly see little benefit to "upgrading" to a GPS version if what I really want is paddlewheel anyway. Even on a lake, my paddlewheel is great. I don't know what the "upgrade" would honestly get me.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I boat on a river also. I have PP Wakeboard pro. I honestly see little benefit to "upgrading" to a GPS version if what I really want is paddlewheel anyway. Even on a lake, my paddlewheel is great. I don't know what the "upgrade" would honestly get me.

But it costs more so it's better.. lol

Don't worry some GPS user will chime in a say how it's better by (Insert some random text about jerking or not keeping speed)

Paddle wheel is the only way to go on rivers, the current/speed of the water is always changing. I have a 2017 Craz with paddle wheel.
    Last edited by parrothd; 12-11-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Yeah good point, if your Wakeboard pro is still kickin I would rock with it for as long as you can. Unfortunately mine bit the dust and this is the only option that is offered now. I should have touched on that in the original post. If it aint broke don't fix it right?

Quote Originally Posted by LSIS4 View Post
    If it aint broke don't fix it right?
    On a boat - yes. That goes back to listening to the guys still keeping up with older ski boats.
    2018 Supra SL400

Someone today mentioned that there is a "River Mode" for Zero Off. Is this ... PerfectPass StarGazer has a river mode software option that you..OGyoutube

In fact, PerfectPass was first invented on a carbureted Moomba ski boat. ... so if you have strong currents you can add Star Gazer but ask about the "River Mode" OGyoutube

I'm 'that guy' with Stargazer GPS only - no paddle. No river option for me. Just beep beep up or down to adjust for current.

I'd say based on your screen name and embedded links you are an advertising troll looking to get banned though there OGyoutubeapk.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I'm 'that guy' with Stargazer GPS only - no paddle. No river option for me.
    I thought about going this way as well. It was mentioned that I could adjust for the current myself. How are you measuring the current and how true are your speeds holding? just curious if I will use the paddle wheel as much as I think. It was delivered today so I am about to go look at it and see about getting it on in time for a sunday afternoon cruise.

At wakeboarding speed any river current is usually unnoticeable. At surf speed we will typically increase or decrease speed +/-2mph depending on how the wave looks and feedback from the rider. Slow it down going upstream, speed up going downstream. I've trained my XO (daughter) to memorize the speed for the dialed in wave when we're going up or downstream when she's driving and I'm riding. Then when swinging around to pickup a fallen surfer she will adjust depending on what direction we're going to head before we go again. Pretty seamless. Then when its my turn behind the wheel I look at her and get a thumbs up(stream) at 9.2 and thumb down(stream) at 12.7 or whatever it was and away we go again.

PP said i could install a paddle wheel as well and switch back and forth but my goal was simplicity and one less hole though the hull or additional maintenance item.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...