Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Makai engine

I like it. It's had a couple hiccups but nothing major. The only real drawback so far is there's no changing the stereo head unit, it's all integrated. Not that I would necessarily, but you simply can't. The amps desperately need a pro tuning right out of the box. All the presets for different people/waves is really cool, and you can see exactly what thr boat is doing at all times.

As for storage, with all under-floor ballast, there is TONS. I have several completely empty compartments, even with all our gear and 600 lbs lead spread around.
    2019 Supra SL450

I have owned a Makai 450 and now an SL450. Both are excellent. The surf experience on the SL is a good bit easier to achieve IMHO. SL with 1000 lead produces a wave a good bit better than a Makai with 1500–and that’s with 500 less stock ballast at the outset.

Makai is a big big girl, and has tons of room. SL is several notches higher in luxury. 2020 Supra sound is off the charts. Can’t speak for tuning the 2019s systems.

While I really really liked my Makai, the SL is a nicer boat by a good margin. Just need to decide what level of bling you want.

Both are awesome boats, but not apples to apples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info and the comparisons on the two boats, it helps out a lot. I do like the SL over the Makai mainly due to the ease of surf set up and the need for less extra weight. Hopefully the dealerships are willing to deal on the boats, otherwise we might just go with the Makai and keep the extra cash. Thanks again

Agree with dakota4ce.

The SL will be OK out of the box.
    500# is good
    1000# is great.

Easy as pushing the button and and a little tuning.

The newer Supra sound system rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Azfamily View Post
    Fantastic, thank you. Were mainly a surf family so that's good news. Now I just need to make up my mind between the Makai and the SL.
    This is a good problem to have
    I hope you get a chance to be out on both boats for a good ammount of time to make this decision.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Thanks for all the help. Put an offer on a 19 SL, just waiting to get word.

Quote Originally Posted by Azfamily View Post
    Thanks for all the help. Put an offer on a 19 SL, just waiting to get word.
    Nice, you'll love it!
    2019 Supra SL450