Thread: Mojo Bow Cleats

Default Mojo Bow Cleats

Has anyone ever added bow cleats to a Mojo? I feel like only only having cleats midship and aft on a 23' boat really limits your docking line options. What all extra bracing would be needed to add one more set of pull out cleats in the front?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Has anyone ever added bow cleats to a Mojo? I feel like only only having cleats midship and aft on a 23' boat really limits your docking line options. What all extra bracing would be needed to add one more set of pull out cleats in the front?
    Not sure if it overkill but the factory takes the time to glass in some reinforcement blocks. I would copy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I added a bow cleat to my 05 Supra. I was able to get a fairly large piece of 1/2” plywood underneath for reinforcement. I would say it was probably 6”x6”. I did not glass it in and never noticed any issues with spider cracking. However, I am sure glassing in reinforcement is the best. It was just Pain in the ass to get too, so I didn’t do it.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I added a bow cleat to my 05 Supra. I was able to get a fairly large piece of 1/2” plywood underneath for reinforcement. I would say it was probably 6”x6”. I did not glass it in and never noticed any issues with spider cracking. However, I am sure glassing in reinforcement is the best. It was just Pain in the ass to get too, so I didn’t do it.

Yeah I was thinking of cutting a 1/2 board of HDPE to use as backing. not sure how to get it to flex and adapt the contour of the boat though.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Can you use two 1/4” pieces and build it up? In fact, now that I think about it, that is what I did so it had some flex to match the slight curve.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Can you use two 1/4” pieces and build it up? In fact, now that I think about it, that is what I did so it had some flex to match the slight curve.

That could work. I also had the idea of heating up a 1/2" piece in the over to give it some flexibility and then just installing it really fast before it cools off too much.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    That could work. I also had the idea of heating up a 1/2" piece in the over to give it some flexibility and then just installing it really fast before it cools off too much.
    I assume that would form once the cleat was bolted through.

Add some adhesive like 4200 to 5200 and that would not be moving at all.

2018 Supra SL400