Default Muffler Drain Bolt Question

I pulled the drain bolt on my 2011 LSV a couple of weeks ago. I tried putting it back in today and it threaded, but seemed to strip or not tighten fully. Anybody have experience with this? I'm thinking I will pull the hoses off the muffler and see if I can see any issue internally. It didn't seem to get a good seal when I replaced it.

I've done this in the past without issue. Not sure what happened today. Thoughts?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Why didn’t you just disconnect the connector hoses between the exhaust manifolds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

The muffler drain bolt is threaded into the fiberglass body so I am always careful how much force I use when tightening it. The bolt has a rubber gasket to provide a seal. You could tap the hole to the next size bolt or use a metal roofing screw with a gasket.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Those things are a bear to get off. The drain bolt is there to make it easy.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    The muffler drain bolt is threaded into the fiberglass body so I am always careful how much force I use when tightening it. The bolt has a rubber gasket to provide a seal. You could tap the hole to the next size bolt or use a metal roofing screw with a gasket.
    I'm careful with it too, not sure what happened this time. I think I'll pull hose off on that side and see about tapping to a bigger size.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Why didn’t you just disconnect the connector hoses between the exhaust manifolds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This drain plug in the muffler always gets more water out of it after I disconnected the hose fittings prior.

Mine never really gets tight either. I just tighten it about a 1/3rd of a turn after the head/washer meets the muffler.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    -345 Surf-