Default 2020 Moomba Max stereo upgrade

Ordered a new moomba max for delivery in the spring of 2020. I decided to go with stock radio because the upgrade was so expensive. My plan is the following.
    1. Amp the in boat stock speakers
    2. Add Sub
    3. Add tower speakers
    amplify accordingly.
    I found someone in my area selling some open box rockford 12s and 10s. I was planning on just going with one 12" but he's selling them for $60 each which seems like such a good deal I might get two. Is that overkill? He has a pair of 12" and a pair of 10". Should I just go with one sub bridged or two subs? They're also DVC 4ohm so I could run them at 2ohms if I want.

Secondly, I found a really good deal on 6.5" vega tower speakers. I've always loved vegas and they're not 8" but then again it's not like you get much bass out of the tower anyway. The price I found I could get two pair for $300. I can't even get one pair of 8" for that. What are your thoughts?

Based on the speakers I'm planning on getting three separate amps. One for the sub and one 4 channel for the main and one 4 channel for the tower (or two channel if I don't get the two pair for the tower.

Finally, do you think my alternator/batter will be mad at me? Do I need to upgrade that too?

Is that overkill? He has a pair of 12" and a pair of 10". Should I just go with one sub bridged or two subs? They're also DVC 4ohm so I could run them at 2ohms if I want.
    Not sure I follow. "Bridged" is a term used to describe a driver wired across 2 adjoining amplifier chnls. One 4 ohm DVC can be 2 ohm, but two would not, so this will factor into you amplifier options.

Is that overkill
    Impossible to answer whether you feel it is or not, especially without knowing the woofer's power handling, what type and size enclosure the boat will allow you to build, and where one or two woofers would be placed. A 12" will have more output then a 10", but two 10's will have more output then a single 12". And of course, two 12"s will have more output then all of them. This presumes the 10 and 12 being compared are in the same class, in the same enclosure(s) and powered by the same wattage. Changing any of these factors, changes the entire equation.

One for the sub and one 4 channel for the main and one 4 channel for the tower (or two channel if I don't get the two pair for the tower.
    There may a 5 or 6 chnl option for the woofer(s) and in-boats.

For 2 pair of tower speakers, I would suggest a 2 chnl. Your budget will likely get you more amp wattage for the money, compared to a 4 chnl.

Four 6.5" could be louder, but personally, I prefer the sound quality of the larger speaker.

Finally, do you think my alternator/batter will be mad at me? Do I need to upgrade that too?
    Hard to say without knowing the amplifiers being used and how they are loaded. DC amp draw is based on the amp's specifically, not the actual number of amplifiers. I could easily spec out a 5-amp Soundstream setup that would not have the wattage output or amp draw as a single Wet Sounds SDX-6, for example.

Thanks for the super fast and thorough response.

It looks like I'm going to get either one or two Rockford Fosgate Prime Marine 12" DVC subs. They require 1.6 cubic ft of air space which might be tight for two.
    I was looking at the Cerwin Vega VMC65 tower coax speakers.
    If I'm not mistaken, the 2020 Max has wet sounds coax in the boat.

Not sure what your planned woofer locations are. Two of those in one sealed enclosure is going to be 3.4 ft3 external at least, based on R/F's recommendation. They are only 200W rms/400W peak. id take my $120 and buy a single, higher power handling 12", and build a ported enclosure for it. There are a number of them out there that will work in a 2.0 ft3 gross external enclosure. Thats far less space taken up, for rival output. Kicker CompVR comes to mind. Get a 4 OHM DVC and pair it with a 600W rms @ 2 mono amp, like the Kicker KMA600.1 and youve got some solid bass at a decent budget. Or if you wanted to stay in the Rockford lineup, then look at the Punch P2 12 4 ohm and R2-500X1

Those dual 4 ohm woofers will also work with many 5 chnl amps. OR go with a dual 2 ohm and pair it with a 6 chnl, bridged on 2 chnl. Both options leave 4 chnls for three pair of in-boats.

I think the OEM in-boats are the Recon series.

again, thanks so much for the thorough response. This is really helpful. On FB there was another person that recommended ported enclosure so I think that's the route I'll go. I'm not wed to any brand, I just found a guy selling these rockfords new/open box for $75 which seems like a steal. I like your advice on the amp too. You've got me thinking about more creative wiring on just one larger amp. This is really helpful. Thanks!

I'm thinking about what you said about leaving 4 channels for three pair of in boat speakers. Are you suggesting running 2 channels at 2ohm wiring 4 speakers in parallel and the third pair at a standard 4 ohm wiring? Then deal with the sub with the remaining channel(s)?

Yes sir, thats correct.

So I went ahead and got the Rockford prime 12" DVC 2 ohm model, a wet sounds SYN-DX6 6-channel amp, and a pair of MB Quart 8" tower speakers. I'm going to take your advice and run 2 channels for 4 stock main speakers and 2 channels to the tower and bridge up the last two for the sub. I got a deal on the amp and it's a bit overkill but I figure I can always keep the gains low. Thanks again for all the help and advice.