Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Gatorstep color opinions

I hate the light grey snap out non-skid flooring in our 18 Max (impossible to keep clean and keep getting air pockets/delaminating), so I’m going to order a Gatorstep kit on Black Friday. Does anyone have any experience with slightly darker grey flooring? Heat during summer is a primary concern as our light/dark grey interior gets smokin HOT.

I got the color sample kit from Gatorstep and will post up pics of those and my boat interior later today, opinions are welcome good or bad!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I hate the light grey snap out non-skid flooring in our 18 Max (impossible to keep clean and keep getting air pockets/delaminating), so I’m going to order a Gatorstep kit on Black Friday. Does anyone have any experience with slightly darker grey flooring? Heat during summer is a primary concern as our light/dark grey interior gets smokin HOT.

I got the color sample kit from Gatorstep and will post up pics of those and my boat interior later today, opinions are welcome good or bad!
    I can't comment on dark grey but my Electric Blue Gatorstep stays relatively cool...way better in touch feel and temperature that the snap-in.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

i have the light grey standard color i ordered on my 2019. It doesn't get hot to be honest. I also have grey and dark grey seats and those do get hot.
    2019 Mondo

I was asking about black recently. There are some posts on the Malibu Forum about dark colors (black) and multiple people are saying it does not get hot. During the hot days, the floor is cooler than the seats - per what @Jason1973 wrote.
    2018 Supra SL400

I have the light grey Gatorstep in my 18 and it doesn’t get hot. Now my seats on the other hand get smokin hot! After too seasons, I am starting to notice some dirtiness in the color. All in all I am happy with it though. Personally, I might go one shade darker than mine, but it wasn’t an option from the factory. I have not experienced any delamination issues on the floor, gunnels, or swim platform either.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Thank y’all for the input. Here are some of the color samples:

Silver cloud looks to be the color we have now, so I’m thinking of going with sharkfin. I tried doing a test with a laser thermometer in the sun a few weeks ago and the darker colors do get warmer than the light, but it was hard to get consistent readings with such small samples and a cheap thermometer gun. I don’t think there was much more than a 10 degree difference between the pearl white and whatever the darkest sample was.

Here is the boat (it’s a mess in the pic lol, haven’t started detailing it yet):

2018 Murder Max

I was seriously considering a dark brown wood color, but I’m not sure it would look right with the black/grey color scheme. Any thoughts on that?
    2018 Murder Max

Negative Ghost Rider.....slowly walk away from the brown.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I can't comment on dark grey but my Electric Blue Gatorstep stays relatively cool...way better in touch feel and temperature that the snap-in.

I remember when you put that in. You kinda went out on a limb color wise, and it turned out fantastic!
    2018 Murder Max

Yeah. No brown. Silver Cloud is what I have. Personally I like the shark fin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold