Default Swivel Board Rack Upgrade

Are the PTMEdge board racks worth the upgrade on a SA/SL? The standard bungie racks are well standard but compared to the bombshell racks they seem kind of basic. As a newbie should I just go with the standard racks and use the upgrade funds for other items?
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

PTM clampers are 100% worth it!! I prefer them over the Triton board racks on the Nautiques. They are easy to get the boards in and out of and do not damage your boards. Buy them and you will never look back.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

I just went through the same questions myself on the Makai we're ordering. I chose to upgrade to the Triton racks on it as I get tired of messing with the bungees especially when you have a full boat and trying not to pop anyone in the face with them. And its a little cheaper to upgrade from the beginning vs doing it later on down the road. Hope that helps you out a little as they are a pretty hefty investment compared to the standard racks, which work perfectly as they are.

I upgraded to the new Triton racks, and they are nice. Did have an issue with one of them swinging in at 30 mph which isn’t funny!
    Still working on getting it fixed, Roswell has not been super helpful, I got a new part from them but still not latching right. At 2K a rack, they should be just sending out a whole new rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Mojo
    4360# ballast (1280 exact fits + 600lbs lead)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's w/Exile 12"sub

2009 Outback V (Sold)
    3000# ballast, full Exile, Surf Tabs

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    I upgraded to the new Triton racks, and they are nice. Did have an issue with one of them swinging in at 30 mph which isn’t funny!
    Still working on getting it fixed, Roswell has not been super helpful, I got a new part from them but still not latching right. At 2K a rack, they should be just sending out a whole new rack.

Squeaky Wheel, just get louder and they'll get it taken care of.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

I like the PTM over the Triton. Since it was not an option for my Craz, I ordered it without the racks and bought them separately. I though the Triton would block too much of my view since the boards are vertical. I hate those bungee style racks. The bungees strech and the boards are not held down snugly. I also wanted to be able to put a ski rack above my PTM clamps and wasn’t sure the Tritons would allow for that.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

I love the PTMEdge board racks. Expensive - yep.

On new builds, what does not fall into that category for upgrade?
    2018 Supra SL400

When we demoed a boat with the triton racks, i noticed a huge blind spot where they were mounted. Nothing you couldn't get use too, but if i was on a busy lake, it does obstruct the view. Quite a bit when the person skiing or boarding is behind it as well and they are loaded with boards.

I chose the regular racks with the bungee's. I came from clamping racks with my Mastercraft and the bungee system took a little getting used too. But the way they angle allows me as the driver to see 360 degrees so it is a trade off.
    2019 Mondo

I have both PTMs and Tritons on the Supra and love them. Yes, there is a blind spot, but only right beside the boat. With my mirror, I never lose sight of my wakeboarder or surfer. The great thing about the tritons is they put very little pressure on the higher dollar soft surf boards. I also like the they are vertical so wet boards and boots drain outside the boat, not to the inside like normal racks sometimes do. On the SA with the surf locker and bimini storage, I can house 12 boards, its awesome!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold