Default Opinion on 08 LSV for surfing

Looking for entry level boat that can hold at least 10 people and can provide decent surfing capabilities. Local dealer has a clean 08 with only 200 hours and curious if that would be a good option. Priority is for entry level adults to surf and to teach kids both under 10 years old. Would also want to wakeboard but surf priority. Budget is around $30k, this was listed for $25k. Thoughts on what to look for, ask for, or any other models I should be considering? Thanks in advance for your comments.

I have an 07 so I believe it has the same hull as the one you’re looking at. I would say an 08 is capable of producing a very good surf wake but it’s going to take a lot of extra weight. I have 1100’s in each rear locker filled 100% on the surf side and about 70% on the non surf side, ski locker full and a 750 lb IBS as full as I can get it. This setup with a suckgate gives me a very surfable wake as seen here with my son who’s 6’4”. I’m sure it’s nowhere near what the new boats produce nor is it as easy as the new computerized surf systems but it is still a good wake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

i have a very similar set up to twkoehn. 07LSV , 900s in the rear lockers, IBS under the bow, suck gate, and if i don't have at least 6 or 7 people in the boat i will put in an extra bag on the floor or on top of the bow. With the right amount of weight i can get a nice surf wave. The LSV is a great all around boat that you can do just about everything on. $25K sounds like a decent buy for a clean 08 that only has 200 hrs.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We love ours. Ditto Scott. You can get a very surfable wave just with large ballast bags and slamming one side. If you're willing to tinker even a little with a suck gate, etc. you can get a really nice wave. I like our wave better than many boats that are newer (and more $$). I think you'd have to spend a lot more money to do any better. $25k for a clean '08? Grab it quick.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold