Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Hydrolock is a lot worse than annoying.
    it is kind of annoying when your boat engine ceases to run at the party cove
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Bent rods and needing a new engine is far more than annoying!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Bent rods and needing a new engine is far more than annoying!!

My thoughts exactly.

I had an engine hydrolock due to an exhaust riser gasket failing (2 boats ago). It filled a cylinder with water when we stopped for lunch. Rather than doing major damage, though, it just stopped the engine from turning over and starting when the exhaust valve closed. The starter didn't have enough torque to bend anything. It did require tearing into the engine a bit to get the water out. Somewhat expensive, and far more than annoying.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I had an engine hydrolock due to an exhaust riser gasket failing (2 boats ago). It filled a cylinder with water when we stopped for lunch. Rather than doing major damage, though, it just stopped the engine from turning over and starting when the exhaust valve closed. The starter didn't have enough torque to bend anything. It did require tearing into the engine a bit to get the water out. Somewhat expensive, and far more than annoying.
    You got lucky, if you got it to fire one rotation, bent rods.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Supra is hard to beat these days, interior blows the Centurion away (even the Ri) and the wave is maybe 5% better than the Supra. I'll also take the subfloor ballast over all the extra bags you have to add to a Centurion to get their max ballast.

As previously mentioned, Supras are being regarded as well as the G's in terms of wakeboard wake. Centurion is definitely not there.
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    You got lucky, if you got it to fire one rotation, bent rods.

Yessir.
    2019 Supra SL450

imo whichever you settle on will have a wave that will fit all but the sponsored pro riders. Hydrolock would annoy me like crazy, but also getting thru some 4' channels on our lake would have me concerned.

Took a co-worker/buddy out on the Ri237. Had 400# of lead in the rear split 250L 150R and had a wall of water. Not nearly as bad as the Fi for bow rise but can't recall how it compares against the SL. When dropping the center stinger plate to 70% bow down wave was still great for beginner/intermediate. 2019 close out is going to be hard to beat. Hoping to get on my favorite boat tomorrow for a more recent comp as it has been several months. Same friend said he could go out with me so I can get an additional non-skewed opinion. I'm going to have the dealer throw in 400# of lead so we have a comparable wave at comparable "stock" weight. Hopefully I come away scratching my head on what boat I want which means the Supra even though it is more expensive......
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

Very good and useful comments that I will definetely use myself!

Ended up with Supra SL450 over everything I demoed. G23, Fi23, Ri237, 2020SA, 2018SL, 2020SL, 2019SL. Nice list there! Out of all of these I chose the 2020SL for several reasons. First it did not have the biggest wave from the list above but we are brand to the sport so beginner to at some point intermediate riders in both surf and wakeboard(maybe, lol) so I want a good big wave that my kids won't be intimidated by. They are 8, 11 and 13.

If I were to list what I perceived as the best wave for wakeboarding then I would say it was close for the G, Ri and SA. I thought the SL was not as good but again I'm not a rider so this is mostly observation. The G wake was probably the best, the other two a close second.

Now for surf wave, I think the 2 best waves were the Ri and the 2020 SA. Both massive and steep when set up to make this shorter wave. The Fi was almost as good as the Ri but bow rise was so bad that standing was a better way to drive the boat, I'm 6'0" sans shoes. The G and the SL seemed to be in the same ball park to me and only slightly behind the leaders. All of these waves were big and seemed to be easily customizable. The Ri (when adjusted) and the SL seemed to put out a longer wave that still had good curl and push. Again, they were all really frickin good.

Second to last, interior. We all hear G, G, G. I think Supra's interior is every bit as nice as Nautique. Almost every time I got in a new Centurion I was looking at a screw or a plastic cap or something that was on the floor and it made me wonder where it came from. The "hinged" seat in the Fi was a simple 2.5-3" hinge and the hole seat wobbled, wasn't even tight. Felt like they were thrown together as quick as possible. Supra wins this hands down because G is over priced and Centurion doesn't match up.

Price, well this is up to you as the consumer to handle. I bought the Supra SL450 over the Supra SA400 because it was a better price and a better value. More main cabin space seems like that is what fits my family best. Sitting behind the driver in the SA with the middle seat deployed felt more cramped but that was just me. Best boat may be the new SA but best boat for us is the SL.

I know I've asked many, many questions here and everyone has been helpful in getting us to where we wanted to be. Glad to be part of the group.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450