Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Supra vs comp brand

Hey crew,

I've been hoping to buy a Supra SL for the past 3 months but have come up short on what I'm looking for, got a price on a 2020 but the price is not where I need it. Went back to Centurion, my second favorite, and demoed an Fi23. It had the 450HO, power tower with down fire, loaded up. Great wave but what I didn't like is the swim platform 10" under water when loaded up and bow rise when surf plate at about 40% was pretty crazy. I'm 6'+ and my wife is 5'10 so not a huge deal for us tall people but.... When we set the stinger plate at 70% bow came down, wave got long so wasn't too much different than the SL I demoed. The 450HO on an empty boat in the Fi was fun to drive and the down fire, well I couldn't think the thing gets so loud. I am going to demo a Ri237 tomorrow and then back on a Supra, hopefully SA on Thursday. Wake on the Centurion was really good and the inside of the boat is good, not as nice as Supra, but still good. Anyone have any feedback on other than fit and finish on Supra SA/SL over Centurion Ri237? Anyone have experience on both that can share their perspective? I think both are good brands and each has advantages over the other just looking for some basic feedback that I can add to my growing list of pros and cons!

Thanks,
    D
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

When comparing 2020 SL to 2020 SA I dont think you are going to see any significant difference in price...maybe $1500. I feel like the SL is up next for a redesign seeing how they just redesigned the SE and now SA, but not sure if that is this coming year or not.

Being in the DFW market we dont see many Centurions around here, I assume that is due to the dealer. I have walked through several of them at the boat shows, but they feel cheap on the inside compared to a Supra.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I feel like the SL is up next for a redesign seeing how they just redesigned the SE and now SA, but not sure if that is this coming year or not.
    I will bet not on the hull. Hard to mess with a good thing. Probably smaller newer items they are sharing on boats from the SE and SA.
    2018 Supra SL400

You probably hit the bigger items people talk about
    * Fit/Finish
    * Bow Rise
    * Add'l Draft
    * Swim Platform
    * Stereo Systems
    * Sub Floor Ballast

People will debate on Centurion vs Supra Surf Wake. Most brands are very close for new boats.
    Most wakeboarders will tell you at 22 mph Supra wins for wakeboarding.

There was another thread on here about the comparisons. It was also mentioned about the hydro-lock issues they had in the past. Not sure if that is fixed now with that Stinger Plate/Exhaust. There is a YouTube video from a dealer telling people to dump ballast when the boat is not running to avoid this.

Sounds like you have 2 dealers close to you b/c you are riding a few demos. Good for you.
    2018 Supra SL400

SR would be next on the design cycle of SE SA SR SL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    SR would be next on the design cycle of SE SA SR SL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do they really sell any SRs? I mean what maybe 50 a year?
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

not spent time on either BUT have crawled all over them in recent years at boat shows and supra would get my cash all day long if comparing fit/finish. centurion used to have the best wave on the water for years but almost every other boat out there now is competitive with each other so imo whichever you settle on will have a wave that will fit all but the sponsored pro riders.
    I think there's too many upsides pointing at supra and too many downsides pointing at centurion especially if $$ are within a few k of each other.

that said centurion does have a lot of boats sold, a lot of fanboys and will throw a wave that will make anyone happy.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

With Centurion i was concerned about hydrolock and the amount of draft those boats have. Just something to think about. Hydrolock would annoy me like crazy, but also getting thru some 4' channels on our lake would have me concerned.
    2019 Mondo

I recently had an opportunity to spend an afternoon surfing an Ri237 and watching a couple pros surf it. I posted my observations here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?p=347839
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    With Centurion i was concerned about hydrolock and the amount of draft those boats have. Just something to think about. Hydrolock would annoy me like crazy, but also getting thru some 4' channels on our lake would have me concerned.
    Hydrolock is a lot worse than annoying.
    2019 Supra SL450