Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Using a petroleum lubricant, especially one with solvent properties (WD40) on nitrile or rubber gaskets scares me as well. You are probably OK but a good alternative is a slightly diluted dish soap in a spray bottle to lubricate old impeller to help with extraction. I endorse the paint can openers but take several with you as mine bent.

As far as frequency of changing, I spend the extra and put in Globe run dry impellers which I change every 3 seasons (about 150 hours) and have never had a failure since switching to Globe in previous inboards.
    '14 Mojo 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheRiver View Post
    Using a petroleum lubricant, especially one with solvent properties (WD40) on nitrile or rubber gaskets scares me as well. You are probably OK but a good alternative is a slightly diluted dish soap in a spray bottle to lubricate old impeller to help with extraction. I endorse the paint can openers but take several with you as mine bent.

As far as frequency of changing, I spend the extra and put in Globe run dry impellers which I change every 3 seasons (about 150 hours) and have never had a failure since switching to Globe in previous inboards.
    Read about those online. Some of the Offshore Boat crowd felt they did not push the same amount of water and ran the engine(s) run 10-15 degrees warmer. Others thought they worked as good with the pressure and better for long-run duration b/c they are a silicone impeller (more temperature resistant and have greater resistance to sand and dirt abrasion.) vs a black rubber impeller.

I guess for the people changing-out every season (say 100 hours), it might not matter b/c I would assume there are a low number of failures with the rubber impeller or silicone ones.

Did you notice an temp changes on your boat?

Is this the part number you are running?

https://www.bakesonline.com/johnson-...rvice-kit.html

https://www.bakesonline.com/globe-10...-f6b-pump.html
    2018 Supra SL400