Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects

Great thread, and great timing as the snow is starting to fly and my ADHD is in overdrive ... Here’s the body and paint work we kicked off last month on our 1968 Porsche 911L, aka “Chester” (as in Chester Cheetoh). I bought it from my uncle in 1992 who was the second owner when he bought it in 1972. I rebuilt the engine, tranny, gearbox and redid all the electrical & gauges over the last 4 years, and I’m finally getting to the exterior this winter.

Here are a few pics of initial teardown and clean up ...

2020 Super Air Natique GS22, Admiral Blue Flake & Tsunami Grey
    1936 Chris Craft 19’ Runabout
    2014 LSV, Fire Red & Silver Flake (Sold)

Very cool project. Nice to keep a classic like that in the family so long too. Keep posting updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

Thanks, as you know restoration is a LOOOONG and detailed process.... As nerdy as it sounds, I’ve spent the last few months finally compiling 51+ year’s worth of receipts and pictures to fully document literally everything that’s been done to this car since it came off the assembly line in Germany 1968. Thankfully, my uncle was a meticulous record keeper so I have receipts for everything for the 20 years under his ownership, all the way down to replacement bulbs for the interior lights from 1975! As an all-original and numbers-matching car, having complete documentation is crucial, and last week I finally compiled everything into a binder for every single receipt and work order. Here’s what I’m working on this morning to wrap up all the documentation to tidy up the full history on this little beast .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Super Air Natique GS22, Admiral Blue Flake & Tsunami Grey
    1936 Chris Craft 19’ Runabout
    2014 LSV, Fire Red & Silver Flake (Sold)

Wow, that is an awesome car and project. Been a huge Porsche fan my entire life and especially the long hoods. Still hoping to get one, one day.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

That's impressive he's kept up with all the records for that many years. That would make for one fun binder to flip through to look at it all and see the full history of the car.

Speaking of winter projects, does anyone know if Wakemakers generally does a big cyber Monday sale on their bag buster ballast upgrades? If so how much do they generally discount?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Speaking of winter projects, does anyone know if Wakemakers generally does a big cyber Monday sale on their bag buster ballast upgrades? If so how much do they generally discount?
    Yes, they run a sale for multiple days. I think bags and fitting were 25% off and free shipping over $99 orders.

Not sure props are discounted.

Other selected items also have discounts. I recall a mission Wake shaper this was 50% off.

I do not think anything has been announced yet. They usually do a good job keeping people informed if you are in he mailing list.

2018 Supra SL400

Made a little more progress on tear down. Originally was not planning on going this far but might as well do it right and start from the ground up.

2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Figured might as well start a winter project thread. Mine has already started while we wait for spring and the new boat. It’s only taken me 14yrs to get to this one and one of the only times my shop has had more room in it than normal. So it’s not a boat but keeping me from driving my wife crazy this winter with no boat.
    Funny, I started my f100 project while boatless and waiting on my 2018 build. Winter 1 was rust repair and get it running and driving. Winter two was DJM dream beams, swap to '77 front (disc) brakes and rear end (wider stance and better highway gear), and update top end of original 360 (cam, lifters, pushrod, rockers, intake, carb, timing set), and some other cleanup. I drive it a few times a week now!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Trust repair

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead