Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects

Default Winter Projects

Figured might as well start a winter project thread. Mine has already started while we wait for spring and the new boat. It’s only taken me 14yrs to get to this one and one of the only times my shop has had more room in it than normal. So it’s not a boat but keeping me from driving my wife crazy this winter with no boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

Sorry it put the pics in reverse order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

Nice. Mine has been sitting untouched for far too long. The goal this winter is to make some progress on it.
    2019 Supra SL450

Looks like you have a great start on that one. Really like the epoxy floor and the clean shop. Mine looks like a red dust truck bomb went off right now.

Thanks. It's clean for now. Once I get back on the rust repair, everything will be coated in grinding dust. I still need to move the bulk of my tools over. I bought the shop in January, had the floor done and built a loft, then didn't do shit over the summer for obvious reasons.
    2019 Supra SL450

Great timing for this post. I was pacing the garage last night. Getting dark early. Don't feel like sitting in front of ANY screens. Ran out of whiskey.

I'm going to pull the engine, reseal, repaint and detail the engine bay. Maybe a couple new tie rods and bushings. And since I know I can't help myself there may be a new cam kit, manifold, etc. that magically shows up on my bench. But in general I'd say my project is a bit further along than you guys...

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

looks good with all the old rods in here......

I won't post pics as they are pretty boring but..
    winter(fwiw here in vegas) will bring a complete stereo redo. the boat is a hot mess currently from the last owner and an unnamed stereo shop in texas area....
    I have 4 various amps, some from wetsounds, some from jl audio. 6 ws 6.5 inboats, 4 ws 808 in boats, 1 ws freeair 10, 1 jl 13w7 in a ported enclosure, 4 rev10's and some pos jl headunit.
    goal is to remove and replace back to the factory clarion hu, add a ws 420 eq(thx trayson), remove the free air sub and move the 13w7 under the helm and then rewire it all adding a 3rd deep cycle battery.

otherwise we bought a new-to-us house back in july and have been avoiding the inside work. we have a lot of brass and gold to remove from when the house was built 22 years ago and thinking about removing the wetbar/half bath for a bigger living room. if we can find matching tile we'll be doing that.

this will consume most of the winter until boating starts again in late march.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yep good reasons not to get anything done in the summer.

Man that's a slick one! Def have to have some good lights in the winter as fast as the sun goes down and a good supply of something to drink.

My last boat I pulled the full stereo system out one winter and then added a house bank/dual batts. Took a while getting it all done up under the dash but well worth it. You'll be happy once you get it done. Shoot post up some pics of the progress, I always like seeing them. Winter is a good time for house projects plus keeps typically keeps the wife happy.

Maybe if I get motivated, I'll put the new plastics on the bike...

And finish the bathroom remodel that we paused 6 months ago at the beginning of boating season! LOL
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

What upgrades are you thinking? Besides the head unit and probably needing more than a third battery what is the issue?
    2019 Moomba Mojo "Murdered Mojo" Honey Diam Interior
    JL Audio M6 stereo
    2018 F150 V8 on V Rock 22s and 35s