Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects

What ceramic you going with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0_50ml Kit... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4NXNTV...p_mob_ap_share

Did some research and this seems like the most user friendly for a ceramic novice. It should last many years on my garage queen. My main issue is living on a dusty gravel road, and anytime I drive the car it looks like crap (gets covered in gravel dust just sitting in the garage). Iím hoping with the ceramic I can pull it out of the garage and blow the dust off with an electric leaf blower a couple times in between washes.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Car pro is good DIY kit. But I highly recommend this one ........

FEYNLAB Ceramic Lite- Protective Exterior Car Coating, Simple Application, Enhanced Durability, High Gloss and Extra Slick, 40ml https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQQG5WC..._SRIUDb6BSE1DT

I have done a few coatings so far with help from a pro.

I used the Car pro on my boat trailer, fairly easy

I used a high end pro IGL marine coating on my Supra,and it takes pro guidance to apply it correctly. Itís tricky but an great performing coating

I used a near pro grade on my black fun car called gyeon Mohs. Moderately easy apply and really performing well after 1 year.

But I just did my F150 with Feynlab ceramic lite and by far the easiest to apply, the gloss is pro grade, the slickness is a huge bonus and the pro I know is applying a ton of this product with epic results at an amazing price point.

Itís rated as a 1 year coating, but most get 2 full years with it.

You wonít get a leaf blower to clear dust off any ceramic coated car, but itís an easy rinse and leaf blow dry from being clean.

I take the hose, flooding the paint versus using a spray. It sheets 95% dry, then a leaf blower dry and done.

A 40ml bottle does 2 full size pick ups.

2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Iím hoping with the ceramic I can pull it out of the garage and blow the dust off with an electric leaf blower a couple times in between washes.
    I bought one of those California Car Dusters for my Chevelle. I use it during the spring to get the pollen off the car. Works well.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Winter Projects

California Scratcher
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

Default Winter Projects

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Car pro is good DIY kit. But I highly recommend this one ........

FEYNLAB Ceramic Lite- Protective Exterior Car Coating, Simple Application, Enhanced Durability, High Gloss and Extra Slick, 40ml https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQQG5WC..._SRIUDb6BSE1DT

I have done a few coatings so far with help from a pro.

I used the Car pro on my boat trailer, fairly easy

I used a high end pro IGL marine coating on my Supra,and it takes pro guidance to apply it correctly. Itís tricky but an great performing coating

I used a near pro grade on my black fun car called gyeon Mohs. Moderately easy apply and really performing well after 1 year.

But I just did my F150 with Feynlab ceramic lite and by far the easiest to apply, the gloss is pro grade, the slickness is a huge bonus and the pro I know is applying a ton of this product with epic results at an amazing price point.

Itís rated as a 1 year coating, but most get 2 full years with it.

You wonít get a leaf blower to clear dust off any ceramic coated car, but itís an easy rinse and leaf blow dry from being clean.

I take the hose, flooding the paint versus using a spray. It sheets 95% dry, then a leaf blower dry and done.

A 40ml bottle does 2 full size pick ups.

Very good info, thank you. I stopped by majestic solutions to talk to them about their shield line of ceramic, which turned into a pretty in depth tutorial including temperature and humidity control during application. They highly recommend taking their class before attempting it DIY. This steered me towards a more user friendly variant, but I did purchase their shield product for the glass.

Thank you for the heads up on rinsing/drying. I have been using a car duster as a quick fix since it never really got dirty, just dusty, but once Iím done putting all this work into the paint correction never again!

Product I was considering before realizing it might be out of my skill level: https://majesticsolutions.com/product/shield-exp-9h-kit
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    California Scratcher
    Ha Ha, pollen will scratch my car? It's not a 100K car, but not a piece of junk.

Maybe it's southern thing in the spring, pollen will cover everything for 2-3 weeks.
    Wash Car > Use Car > Dust the pollen off before it goes back into the garage under the cover.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 10-31-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Pollen wonít, but dirt trapped in your duster will.

2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

Wow, the changes really look incredible. I would love to do this myself one day, when I have the money and the time for this huge project!

Little more progress. Forgot about one more spot that needs a little welding, then the cab will be ready for primer.