Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects

Seems like the car is in a fairly decent condition. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by rpk2016 View Post
    What upgrades are you thinking? Besides the head unit and probably needing more than a third battery what is the issue?
    assuming you are referencing my audio system. I am going out on a huge limb here but when we bought the boat the prior owner had pics of it at hydrotunes. they are a jl dealer so 2+2= their install. could be wrong but......
    here's the 13w7 under the helm. eats up all the space complete with crappy home depot brackets to secure and a chrome desk fan to cool off the jl amp mounted to the side wall. ghetto at it's finest. MLA appropriately calls out that the install shop is only doing what the customer wants but sometimes it's better to pass on a sale than install something that doesn't show off your best work. this boat would not be their poster boat.

added WAY too many speakers in the cabin area. I'm stuck with this and will rewire to different amps. MLA called out that the 808's will overpower the 6.5's so not sure why they added so many other than for d$ck measuring(my boat has more/bigger speakers than yours) at the soundbar.

JL audio head unit is a real pos. won't play a full day on the water using thumb drives. controlling volume from inboats and tower is a pita. reboots several times an outing. I would stay FAR AWAY from their head units. they make solid subs and amps but this is not their forte.... hoping to find the original clarion HU that is interfaced into the factory touchscreen.

otherwise they bought good quality components. going to be quite a feat but working to stuff the 13w7 under the helm in a sealed enclosure replacing the wetsounds freeair 10.

then adding a ws bt420 that Trayson was good enough to take some money from me for.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Wow that's a special kind of install they did there, I really like the fan. I'd be pulling all of that out to see what if anything is correct. S*cks they cut so many speaker holes in there as not much you can do with that except for getting them wired and powered correctly, almost missed the cup holder set. Makes me wonder what other surprises you will find once you get into their wiring. At least you have some good components to work with.

I spend my winters snowboarding. First trip is Thanksgiving. 4-5 trips each winter, and between kids, and work, I dont have much time for projects. Plus I have zero talent when it comes to projects lol.

2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    I spend my winters snowboarding. First trip is Thanksgiving. 4-5 trips each winter, and between kids, and work, I dont have much time for projects. Plus I have zero talent when it comes to projects lol.
    Our resorts won't be open for Thanksgiving unless we get some serious dumps... Where are you going?

It's nice having 3 resorts that are about 90 minutes from home, but we also love travelling to ride. This year we're going broke with all our travel plans. December is Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. January is Whitefish and Revelstoke. February is Snowbird/Solitude/Brighton and then Schweitzer. And every weekend that we have decent weather we'll do a day at our home resort--Mt Hood Meadows.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

whitefish is very nice. lived in kalispell and one of my fav places to have planted roots for a minute but like everything else in the west the cali money has made it both crowded and spensive now....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Our resorts won't be open for Thanksgiving unless we get some serious dumps... Where are you going?

It's nice having 3 resorts that are about 90 minutes from home, but we also love travelling to ride. This year we're going broke with all our travel plans. December is Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. January is Whitefish and Revelstoke. February is Snowbird/Solitude/Brighton and then Schweitzer. And every weekend that we have decent weather we'll do a day at our home resort--Mt Hood Meadows.
    Vail, Keystone, and Breckenridge. Keystone is already open. We have season passes. My son just got a job with Vail. He starts in a couple weeks. Plan on going to Park City, and Whistler this season too.
    2019' Moomba Max

I/we may get real motivated and pull (or just lift) the 4.0 from my son's Jeep TJ to replace the rear main while we've got the cherry picker. Any of you guys attempted one of those? His is an '01 and it looks like a mutha to get the exhaust off of it without just cutting....
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I did the rear main in my 95 4.0 (from a zj that I swapped into my CJ7) but it was on a engine stand. When I pulled it from the zj I was able to get the nuts off the manifold studs (without breaking them!) that connect the intermediate pipe with some pb blaster and a torch. Be sure to get the correct type of sealant to go between the crank end cap and the block. It’s anerobic sealant iirc.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Been working on some paint correction on my 93 z28. I removed a bunch of overspray from when I had the bumper resprayed, and am touching up what seems like 1,000 rock/sand chips on the front end. After compounding and polishing I’m going to ceramic coat it.

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018