Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects

Year 2:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Your trucks looking good. Ive got a long ways to go to get to driving mine again but its keeping me busy while we wait for the new boat. Figure it will be my winter project as summer will be devoted to the lake.

Thank you! Its been a fun distraction. What are the plans for yours? Looks like it already has an updated small block and modern trans? I don't know what phase 3 of mine looks like. Likely nothing for a while.

2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I don't know what phase 3 of mine looks like.
    hilborne injection system on top of a 6-71 would be a fitting end
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

That would be badass. I've got a line on a gen 2 coyote and 6 speed. That's probably more like my direction.

Thank you! Its been a fun distraction. What are the plans for yours? Looks like it already has an updated small block and modern trans? I don't know what phase 3 of mine looks like. Likely nothing for a while.

I thought it was a 352 but measures out to be a 390 (blocks are identical so cant tell from the outside) It ran but needs a full rebuild, so starting to price out a few options on it. The guy before me put in a early 80s 4 speed that I plan on keeping for now as it has a nice overdrive 4th gear. Right now working to get the cab primed so it doesn't rust up, a few more holes to weld on the firewall now that I can get to them easily. Then I'll prime it. Frame will be next starting with cleaning, painting, all poly bushing, new brakes/lines (already converted it to front disk a long time ago).

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    I thought it was a 352 but measures out to be a 390 (blocks are identical so cant tell from the outside) It ran but needs a full rebuild, so starting to price out a few options on it. The guy before me put in a early 80s 4 speed that I plan on keeping for now as it has a nice overdrive 4th gear. Right now working to get the cab primed so it doesn't rust up, a few more holes to weld on the firewall now that I can get to them easily. Then I'll prime it. Frame will be next starting with cleaning, painting, all poly bushing, new brakes/lines (already converted it to front disk a long time ago).
    Oh, cool! Not sure if you've messed with an FE (352/360/390/etc), but parts ain't cheap. Mine lured me in one piece at a time and now I'm too invested in it to give up on it. If I were starting over, it would have a Windsor in it.

Oh, cool! Not sure if you've messed with an FE (352/360/390/etc), but parts ain't cheap. Mine lured me in one piece at a time and now I'm too invested in it to give up on it. If I were starting over, it would have a Windsor in it.
    I'll probably stick with the 390 for now. A years ago when I bought the truck I was going to punch it out to a 428, but decided for now to make it a daily driver so going with a stock build make it easier to drive on the street. I've priced a few things for it, went ahead called my machine shop for a quote, right at $2k letting him assemble it. Head work was a little more than expected do to needing to change out the valve seats for unleaded gas longevity. But still not too bad. Don't know that I could find a 351 and rebuild it much cheaper, plus new bell housing.

Man, jealous of the sweet rides...gonna look amazing when it's done.

Apart from getting ready to snowboard, not much going on over here. Finishing up a few short-barreled carbine builds, gonna slap some NV on this and cull our Coyote problem shortly.

--
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    Man, jealous of the sweet rides...gonna look amazing when it's done.

Apart from getting ready to snowboard, not much going on over here. Finishing up a few short-barreled carbine builds, gonna slap some NV on this and cull our Coyote problem shortly.

Is that lower dipped looks really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig