Hybrid View

Default what items are needed to buy for the Enzo bags system -Helix

thanks for any help I get
    I have a 2017 Helix , & the 1140's aren't cutting it with my fat ass .. haha & its usually only my wifey & I in the boat , so I need more weight
    Anyway I called Wave Makes & was hoping to speak to someone that wld give me a list of items I cld buy that wld make this project happen ..& lets just say -the sale's guy was not helpful -even to the point of not recommending this prj at all

I have searched on this forum & haven't found a clear cut thread that says what items/part numbers to buy
    if someone has done this set up before plz share in detail

(I don't need the storage , so I'm ok with the space it takes up)
    Plz help me with info/part #s on ;
    the bags
    the fittings
    any extra hoses
    what about adding these engine divider panel savers ?
    https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-di...nel-saver.html
    what about getting different bigger pumps ? If so which 1's?
    Is there anything else I'm needing /forgetting

thank you for your guys help in advance -George
    I will be putting up my 1140's for sale after I order all this

IG sauceysacs
    instagram
    Mine -Crazy888smokey
    The Moomba's -SauceySacs

Youtube -George Henry

2017 Moomba Helix
    Just a guy & boat & girl & a couple of Fat Sac's & a ton of BEER ...trying to surf!!

Hey Man,
    Sorry you were disappointed, they monitor this forum and I'm sure they'll make it right.

But can you give us a little more info. What's your total set up.

1)Just 1140s in the rear? How about up front?

2)Any lead?

3)Flow? Suck gate?

4) What's the problem, pocket size? Push?

5) What board are you riding, how big are you?

6) What prop are you running?

7) Most importantly, how much are you willing to spend?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but, I dont want to give bad advice. A little tweaking, and this forum will have you crushing it!

R/

Robo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

thank you
    The_Robo_Fighter
    Any advise on the items needed ?
    instagram
    Mine -Crazy888smokey
    The Moomba's -SauceySacs

Youtube -George Henry

2017 Moomba Helix
    Just a guy & boat & girl & a couple of Fat Sac's & a ton of BEER ...trying to surf!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy888smokey View Post
    thank you
    The_Robo_Fighter
    Any advise on the items needed ?
    Buy lead instead, so much less work.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

To answer your question directly, for a 2017 (pre G6 ballast pumps) you need one fitting for the inlet and one for the vent for each bag (so four total for your boat), then enough plugs to fill the rest of the bag's ports. The bags have 6 ports each, so total 4 fittings and 8 plugs/vents.

Fly High 1" & 1-1/8" Flow-Rite Bag Fitting W743
    https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...ting-w743.html

Fly High FATSAC Air Release Bag Plug W749
    https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...ting-w749.html

Now, to address the other comments; if 1140's aren't doing it, are you convinced that this upgrade is the fix? if you haven't already, you're going to need more weight up front somewhere.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Korey
    thanks for the info
    what are your thoughts on
    https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-di...nel-saver.html

And tell me more about the G6 ballast pumps ? Or what are my options with larger /faster pumps ?
    instagram
    Mine -Crazy888smokey
    The Moomba's -SauceySacs

Youtube -George Henry

2017 Moomba Helix

I'm not sure when they started them but my '18 has some factory support in the plastic divider panel - that mostly does the job. If your '17 does not have that I would highly recommend something - although home Depot/Lowes aluminum extrusion is going to be about the same and cheaper...

G6 pumps were an option starting in '18. It is the same pumps that you have but two at each location. I think they rearranged some hardware inside the boat to make it all fit. My enzos fill in 7.5 minutes - I could't live without it now! Somewhere on this forum is a thread with someone updating their pre '18 boat. I took a picture of the wiring for them in that thread.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Fundamentally, displacement and convergence are the two factors. Both bags full and factory center ballast full plus some "wake shaping " device and the wave should be very surfable. But we need more information so we dont give bad advice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

I can understand the need for more weight and with a crew of only 2 I would believe that 1140's are not making it happen.
    if you trailer a lot/long ways or you have a lift, I'd stay away from too much lead as it's heavy, hard to move and adds to the fuel bill along with possibly having a lift that won't hold it. I'd say get the wave 90% there and add 4-500lbs of lead to make it what you want on those light crew days.

korey has given you the recipe for adding enzo's so buy away and plumb them in. if you are not happy with the slow fill/drain, more pumps can be added but it'll cost.
    he also calls out you will need to add more ballast in the front depending on what you currently run.

since you had a less than desirable experience with WM, I'd reach out to MLA on here. he sells all the gear you need and his customer service is awesome.
    https://forum.moomba.com/member.php?10516-MLA

our old supra was a 20ft boat. we ran 1600lbs on the surf side listed when it was just 3 and 800 up front so I get that 1100's are struggling to get you the wave you are looking for.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I made a pretty solid wave with my Mondo and from what I head the Helix was a better hull. Here is what I had:

1)2 x 1140s in the rear lockers
    2) Standard 1000 lbs upfront(500 hard and 500 IBS)
    3) I took an old 650 lbs bag and had it infront of the rear seat on the floor.
    4) 500 lbs lead that I would move to surf side under the seats.

Goofy
    I typically drained ~300 lbs out of the non rear surf locker to list the boat. I would run 11.1 to 11.2 to clean up the goofy wave.

Regular
    I could run even weight and have both rear bags full if I moved the 500 lbs of lead over.

I think your Helix would make a great wave if you ran a similar setup!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD