Default Considering Edelbrock Carb - help

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but this summer I bought a 2000 Moomba Outback LS with the Indmar 310 in it. I'm quickly discovering I'm not a fan of how the Holley carb doesn't stay tuned and isn't so easy to work with due to that fact. The idle is inconsistent at times, it pings under a load sometimes and it doesn't quite run as strong on top as it should from what I've read.

I've read a bunch and it seems like the Edelbrock 1409 or 1410 is the way to go for reliably holding a tune. The 1410 is a 750cfm and the 1409 is a 600cfm. Are both of these carbs straight bolt on? Which would you go with? I've seen an 8 degree wedge recommended as well and possibly needing an intake to match.

So what's the real details on switching to an Edelbrock carburetor in terms of which model and what's needed?

Thanks,
    Shane

you might spend a minute on the supra forums. lots of guys over there are into rebuilding and restoring the older supras. should be same engine and betting they have some insight into swapping.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    you might spend a minute on the supra forums. lots of guys over there are into rebuilding and restoring the older supras. should be same engine and betting they have some insight into swapping.
    Thanks. I made a post over there. Hopefully it gains some traction.

750 would be total overkill for that motor. 600cfm if you go that route...

My '01 is fuel injected. I'm just speaking from past experience with 350 Chevys in modded trucks mostly. I've run both carbs.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...