Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Outback V

Default New Outback V

Hello Moomba People

I traded in my 2003 Outback on a brand new Outback V, should take delivery in about 3 weeks, then I'll be waiting for the ice to come off the lake

Does anybody know if the 3000 rpm=30 miles per hour rule still applies to the 325 horsepower engine?

Any other Michiganders getting tired of the snow and ice? I know, silly question.

congrats, I never trust the RPM theory. It's really off if you add a lot of weight to your boat. Spend $100 on a cheap GPS and calibrate the speedo, I do it every time I go out.

Default Michigan

I am also in Michigan. Just purchased a 07 Mobius LSV. Im sure the second the ice melts we will have our new toy on the lake trying to get it broke in. What lake are you on?

Hey gt9118,

I'm on a small lake in the Lansing area, but I head north quite a bit in the summer. Where are you located?

I am on Eagle lake in the Kalamazoo area.

I think he made that up

Boat Dog - I agree - spend a few $ and get the GPS. You can get them for ~$70 on eBay.

Callibrating the PP is a pain, and you need to do both RPM and paddlewheel and each rpm speed is calibrated seperately. But when they are right - it is soooo nice.

Also remember to break the boat in before you go 30mph.

-J

I see your point on the GPS calibration, but I can think of so many other things I could spend the money on. (gas comes to mind)

I do have a good driver, and we are pretty good at adjusting speed to feel, I just like to have the speedos close.

I see on the review that top speed is 41, and 3500 rpm is about 29, I will start with that and see how it works for me, If I feel the need I will invest in the GPS.

Thanks for the input.

JD

if you have kids, go ahead and invest in a gps. trust me after owning two skier's choice boats, my speedo's are constantly getting knocked off the correct sitting because they are kids and always have to be messing with something.

i use my gps at least every few weeks to make sure everything is set correctly.

No Kids, but I know they get bumped everytime I clean. I like the new location of the calibration knobs under the dash.