Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'll throw my 2 cents in and echo much of what was stated above. The fit/finish of the Centurion line has improved a lot in recent years but remains years behind Supra in my opinion. Additionally, the Centurion bow rise was the absolute deal killer for me. You can weight the bow more to stop some of the bow rise but the wake disappears. Their hull seems to be designed so the rear must sit very deep in the water to make a good wake. I'm talking water coming up to and touching the rub rail which makes me feel like I'm going to be swamped at any minute. On the other hand, you'll never take a wave over the bow because it is 10 feet out of the water. I've heard centurion did address the bow rise issue for 2020 not by fixing the hull but by installing a new driver seat which sits very high up and appears to allow you to see over the window instead of through the window. I assume the wind would be blowing in your face but I've not tested a 2020 model. I don't want that extreme bow rise so I had to rule out the brand during my search for a new boat. A lot of people are happy with Centurion but it was not for me. I prefer the Supra line without the massive bow rise. Especially now that Supra finally has boats with noses that sit higher out of the water so you don't take waves over the bow any longer.
    2020 Supra SE 450

So I need to clarify my previous post. I just spent an afternoon on a 2019 Ri237. The general feel and layout of the boat is very similar to my SL. However, everything was just a little less nice. The tower isn't as nice. The upholstery looks similar, but isn't Cool Touch, and isn't quite as nicely done. The screens and controls are more reminiscent of the 2018 and earlier Supras. It has a walk through on the transom, but that also isn't as deep or well done as my Supra.

That said, I'd say the wave is comparable. The wave on the Fi22 I demoed was actually a bit taller and longer than the Ri237. BUT, the Ri237 did NOT have the bow rise the Fi22 did. It rode pretty flat, similar to the SL.

The boat I rode today is the dealer's demo boat, which is at their "blowout" cost price of $119k. Coincidentally what I paid for my SL at the end of August. I would not pay the same money for that boat as my SL.

Supra for the win!
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    So I need to clarify my previous post. I just spent an afternoon on a 2019 Ri237. The general feel and layout of the boat is very similar to my SL. However, everything was just a little less nice. The tower isn't as nice. The upholstery looks similar, but isn't Cool Touch, and isn't quite as nicely done. The screens and controls are more reminiscent of the 2018 and earlier Supras. It has a walk through on the transom, but that also isn't as deep or well done as my Supra.

That said, I'd say the wave is comparable. The wave on the Fi22 I demoed was actually a bit taller and longer than the Ri237. BUT, the Ri237 did NOT have the bow rise the Fi22 did. It rode pretty flat, similar to the SL.

The boat I rode today is the dealer's demo boat, which is at their "blowout" cost price of $119k. Coincidentally what I paid for my SL at the end of August. I would not pay the same money for that boat as my SL.

Supra for the win!
    Cool pics. Did the Ri237 have the add'l ballast bags if just 2-3 people onboard?

Cute smile in pic 1 - is that a photo shop edit that removed the glare?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Cool pics. Did the Ri237 have the add'l ballast bags if just 2-3 people onboard?

Cute smile in pic 1 - is that a photo shop edit that removed the glare?
    It had the stock 5k ballast. 2500 bags and 2500 Ramfill. They didn't fill the bow bag at all, and when she was surfing he removed 25% from the starboard tank and bag to list the boat a little and clean the wave up a little more. They are pro skim riders, so they like a little flatter wave.

I noticed that about that pic too. Not sure why, but the pic just somehow worked out that way. Looking at it some more, I think it's the shade from the bimini that removed the glare.
    2019 Supra SL450

Now that you say that . . . . bimini to the rescue. Cool.

When I was on the 25 at the end of the summer, they did the same thing. Created a little list and the wave cleaned up nice.
    2018 Supra SL400

I own a 2019 SL, haven't been on or seen an Ri. I did wakeboard on a Fi23 and there is no way I would buy that boat for wake boarding.... barely got planing and the bow rise at wakeboard speed was crazy. Worse though was the wake, crazy steep and zero landing zone.

I'm planning on getting out on an RI237 and FI23 this week if I can. Have heard lots of good about them from a wave standpoint and want to have that as a comparison to Supra and G23. The SL wave was really good as was the G wave. No close out Supra's here.......
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

Do Centurions still have the hydrolock issue? I remember watching a video of an Ri from a Centurion dealer and they were explaining how to help avoid hydrolocking the engine.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Do Centurions still have the hydrolock issue? I remember watching a video of an Ri from a Centurion dealer and they were explaining how to help avoid hydrolocking the engine.
    Apparently they put in a software update that drains the ballast if you sit with the engine off for more than a few minutes.
    2019 Supra SL450

Does the motor sit lower in those boats than other boats that have FAE style exhaust (Supra, Moomba, Malibu, etc) or is it just an issue with their exhaust silencer design that causes water to enter into the engine? We fill the ballast on our boat when we are at a cover to make it easier for everyone to get back on the swim deck and no issues.
    Last edited by haknslash; 10-22-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold