Default Trailer tongue jack replacement

The jack on my trailer seems to have stopped working? Won’t go up or down.
    2002 Mobius LSV approx weight of trailer with boat on is 3500-4000lbs I think so does a new tongue jack have to be rated for that much weight? Or is some of the weight carried by the axle and therefore the Jack gets away with being rated for 1500 lbs?

Any recommendations for replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Naftel View Post
    The jack on my trailer seems to have stopped working? Won’t go up or down.
    2002 Mobius LSV approx weight of trailer with boat on is 3500-4000lbs I think so does a new tongue jack have to be rated for that much weight? Or is some of the weight carried by the axle and therefore the Jack gets away with being rated for 1500 lbs?

Any recommendations for replacement?

1500 lb jack for that boat is more than enough. It only supports tongue weight which is 10-15% of the trailer weight so 400-600 lbs.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    1500 lb jack for that boat is more than enough. It only supports tongue weight which is 10-15% of the trailer weight so 400-600 lbs.
    Super thanks for the advice!

Sorry about the picture - I selected a pic of my trailer jack from my phone (I thought) and instead this was posted....and I don’t know how to edit it

Swap the jack out to a bulldog jack and you’ll never replace it again. Granted they are not chrome so you’ll need to paint it, but we’ll worth it.

Fulton makes one that supports appx 1500# or more. Probably $150-200.

I think that is what Boatmate uses.

2018 Supra SL400

Our original also failed. I just replaced it with Fulton XLT (141133). So far, it operates significantly better than the original and it has grease zerks so it should be easier to maintain. I only needed the jack with center pivot bolt which can be ordered with a different part number but the model above with the bolt-on plate was actually cheaper so I just removed the plate, it was a simple swap. I assume your trailer mount is the same as our '07.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Only problem with the Fulton XLT Gregski posted above is the black plastic T-handle that swivels the jack down...they break easily, may last Supra I only had 1 year and I broke it off twice.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix