Default 2019 MasterCraft XT21 .... Any Experience with This Boat?

I’ve got an opportunity to trade in my 2014 LSV for a 2019 XT21 for a pretty sweet net price, but I don’t have any real experience with the XT21. We primarily ski and surf (no wakeboarding for our crew), and the LSV has been an awesome crossover boat for us. 21’ is all the boat we need and I’m not looking for bigger, but as I just passed out of warranty on our 2014 LSV with 300 hours on it, I’m intrigued.

Do any of you guys have any experience skiing or surfing behind the XT21 or anything other useful input on my first-world problem? Thanks for any input!
    2020 Super Air Natique GS22, Admiral Blue Flake & Tsunami Grey
    1936 Chris Craft 19’ Runabout
    2014 LSV, Fire Red & Silver Flake (Sold)

Its a legit boat. I looked at that model last year when i was buying. however, make sure the motor isn't underpowered for the boat. What i noticed is MC was selling some boats with the standard ilmor 5 which was 318 hp (i think) to keep the price points down. Was told by a few people that if you go with any boat more than 20' you need the bigger motor and that it was slightly underpowered in the 20' as well.

Its the old bassboat trick, put a really good price on an awesome boat, but the motor is a 115hp, instead of the 200 hp which is needed to get the boat on plane.
    2019 Mondo

I’ve surfed it, good wave. They did a major update on the 20, so it would make sense the 19 is priced right.

if you're intent on a new whip, looking around and had good luck with the lsv, what about cross shopping the new moomba kaiyen.

that said if a true crossover is in your future, my cousin bought a gs22 last year and after 2 new bu's and a tige he is in love with the boat. they primarily surf/ski and told me since buying the boat he is slaloming more than ever due to the flat wake and surf wave, although not the best in the nautty line, is solid for a boat full of amateurs that will never be pro riders.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I demod a 22, couldn’t believe how quiet the motor was.

Other than that, surf and wake was pretty standard if not a bit underwhelming. Not really worth the premium MC’s typically command.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

We looked at new leftover XT22 and 23 when we were looking at upgrading from our 15 Mojo. For the same money, actually a bit less, we were able to get into a new leftover SA. The leftover X series were way out of budget. What I didn't like about the XT is that it felt shallow and not near as nice as the Supra. Have no regrets with our purchase. Like Matt said, the wake and wave isn't anything outstanding, not compared to the SR or SA. Demo before you buy.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Thanks all ... after looking at the detailed spec sheet, confirming that this ‘19 does indeed have the standard 320HP Ilmor engine and looking at a few other options, I’ve decided to take a pass on this. It turned out to not be quite the exceptional deal it initially looked like, but part of that may have been based on my schoolboy error of looking at a new boat in the showroom as I was dropping off my old boat for winterization
    2020 Super Air Natique GS22, Admiral Blue Flake & Tsunami Grey
    1936 Chris Craft 19’ Runabout
    2014 LSV, Fire Red & Silver Flake (Sold)

Default 2019 MasterCraft XT21 .... Any Experience with This Boat?

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    We looked at new leftover XT22 and 23 when we were looking at upgrading from our 15 Mojo. For the same money, actually a bit less, we were able to get into a new leftover SA. The leftover X series were way out of budget. What I didn't like about the XT is that it felt shallow and not near as nice as the Supra. Have no regrets with our purchase. Like Matt said, the wake and wave isn't anything outstanding, not compared to the SR or SA. Demo before you buy.
    The X is another story as far as wake and wave. But super annoying considering the price and then you have to upgrade not once but twice for dual screen dash. The SA is still the better choice there for a $30-40k savings. And still get a better sound system and standard power tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by North Woody View Post
    Thanks all ... after looking at the detailed spec sheet, confirming that this ‘19 does indeed have the standard 320HP Ilmor engine and looking at a few other options, I’ve decided to take a pass on this. It turned out to not be quite the exceptional deal it initially looked like, but part of that may have been based on my schoolboy error of looking at a new boat in the showroom as I was dropping off my old boat for winterization
    I KNEW IT.. i have seen this so many times on XT's prices so reasonably.
    2019 Mondo