Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba MAX vs Supra SA

I noticed the Max seems to have a similar size and foot print as the SA. I'm assuming the wake behind the SA is going to be superior. If nothing else, the SA is much heavier and has more ballast (along with some hull enhancements, probably). I was just wondering how the wakes (wakeboard) compare. I'm guessing the hulls are very different even though they seem to have a similar shape? If you weight the MAX to the same weight as the SA I wonder what the difference would be. (wakeboard wake only)
    Anyone who's spent time behind both, please let me know your opinion.

Default Moomba MAX vs Supra SA

Wakeboard wake peaks up with ballast more behind Supra for sure, but still has a good amount of transition. Surf wave is also superior without having to add a bunch of midship bags.

If you’re even thinking about the SA, do it. Interior and features alone are worth the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Ya I figure the SA is going to be a lot nicer. I was just wondering if it's possible to get a similar wake with enough weight.
    2008 Moomba LSV - sacked out (wakeboard)

unless you are a pro boarder training for the pwt I would think that you can get a board wake good enough to do most anything out of either boat.

I have watched a couple guys in wisconsin do inverts and flips behind both a mondo(aftermarket bags) and my old tige(factory bags) and both wakes were able to boot a guy so I would bet that the max and sa will be equally if not better in performance...
    heck, the shop I traded my old supra launch20ssv used it as the shop boat for the summer of '12 and they all raved about the board wave. that hull is similar to your lsv. any boat if set up right can boot a skilled rider.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ya I figure the SA is going to be a lot nicer. I was just wondering if it's possible to get a similar wake with enough weight.
    Take it from me, after a year with the Max (even if wake is identical) you’ll want to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Once you have been tempted by the perfumed inner thigh and short skirt of a Supra there is no getting it off of your mind.

I would be willing to bet a dollar or two that Matt has a Supra in his driveway by next boat season.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Once you have been tempted by the perfumed inner thigh and short skirt of a Supra there is no getting it off of your mind.
    True that and that is why there are two lines - one is nice - one is a lot nicer.
    And you pay more for that upgrade - but not crazy money.

When people ask me, I say spend a day on a Supra.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    No doubt. Ask me how I know...
    2019 Supra SL450

Some of you are stating the obvious haha. Ya I know the Supra is going to be a better boat. That's like saying, "You should really consider buying an Audi over a Volkswagen, they're a lot better."
    I think I get your point though - you're all saying it's WORTH the extra money.
    The Supra is definitely way out of my budget. Heck, even the Moomba is too expensive for me brand new.

I was just curious about the wake comparisons alone: if you can get the Max close to the SA with enough weight.
    I suppose even if you could get the MAX wake similar to a stock SA, the SA would still have a lot more potential...
    Like I said earlier I only ask because, to the untrained eye, the hulls look so similar in size and shape.
    2008 Moomba LSV - sacked out (wakeboard)

I would bet they would be similar of course every hull shape throws a little different size and shape wake to it. The only way you would know would be to demo one, keeping in mind a demo might not be fully dialed in on either of the boats. Being a little more budget friendly start with the Max, 2020 would have an additional 1,000 lbs if it was optioned out. If it does what you want stop there before even trying the SA out. If not then move on up and try out the SA.