Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I like it, but probably a huge gas hog. At 7400lbs, its like cruising with all of your stock ballast full on a Moomba.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    I like it, but probably a huge gas hog. At 7400lbs, its like cruising with all of your stock ballast full on a Moomba.
    I assume people that buy $275-300K boats do not care about gas, the price of the new truck to pull it, the size of the boat lift, or much less keeping up with the cleaning and detailing. They have 'people'.
    2018 Supra SL400

This trend has been happening since the mid 2000's... They figured out when the economy started booming that as expensive as they can make these boats, people will buy them... Because they CAN. No one "needs" a Paragon. But Nautique is smart in that they've basically created the G-Wagon of the Boat world. Total status symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I expect safety issues with the rear transom seats both in occupant containment and the breathing air. A lot of risk. What other boats have occupants sitting on the transom?
    Just like the rear facing lounging seats on a Yamaha jetboat, they are typically advertised for when the boat is not in motion. With FAE, it wouldn't be a problem. that said, most states would pen them not legal while in motion, even though plenty will use them.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I assume people that buy $275-300K boats do not care about gas, the price of the new truck to pull it, the size of the boat lift, or much less keeping up with the cleaning and detailing. They have 'people'.
    Yes, I agree. I have a couple friends that have regular G23's... and one of them has the Supercharged 550. both of them will motor as fast as the boat will take them to get from point to point. Sometime not bothering to drain the ballast. Some of us care about gallons per hour. They care about not running out of grey goose and how many chicks are coming on the boat.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I expect safety issues with the rear transom seats both in occupant containment and the breathing air. A lot of risk. What other boats have occupants sitting on the transom?
    along with tray's thoughts, go check out any 25ft+ motor yacht and you will see a similar dual transom seats facing the swimdeck and outside the "lounge" area. pretty common for the last 15 years. pavati and mastercraft(see mc 300 yacht) are the first from a wakeboat builder(that I recall) to incorporate but they have been around for a minute. some tooners have fishing seats aft of the motor on the sponsons. they are within the "fence" so legal but still back of an outboard. same concept and been around for years.
    fae would not worry me in the least to chill back there with the boat running, moving or not.

now as to it's legality, I can tell you firsthand that in nevada riding on those seats at greater than 5mph is a $305 thank you other states may choose to look the other way.
    sitting on those seats while surfing? heck ya. I'd do it all day(if I could). sitting on them while towing a slalom skier. nope. but we have to enact a law due to some duma$$ doing it. sometimes I think darwinism should prevail
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

They are only making 49 of these. They are pumping the price based on exclusivity and low volume. Frankly, I'd be pretty shocked if they sell all 49. Who is going to pay that price for a G23 with some gaudy additions? Who would pay that for a 23 foot wake boat?
    2020 Supra SE 450

every time i have said, "who in the world would pay that kind of money for ...." I have been proven wrong. If you build it there are crazy people out there with more $ than brains and will step up and throw down the $$$$$.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Kevin O'Leary would but eventually be destroyed.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

this isn't cc's first paragon boat. they sold all the last run back in the late 90's for insane monies back then. I bet a beer they will sell all of these. it might take them 1.5 years to move through them but I bet they all sell. some will find daily use on the water, some will be garage queens.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I thought no one would pay 6 figures for a wake boat a few years ago but now it’s common. I think they use a few of these high end boats to make the prices of their other boats seem more palatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavatti has been doing it for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig