Default Misaligned Flow Tabs

Noticed my goofy wave, which normally looked great with 70 of the left plate, was requiring 75-80 to clean up the face. Thought it was odd .... 90% of my riders are regular and didn’t think much of it, but when filling it up at the station I noticed the tab difference. Pretty sure that’s the cause of the change.

Guessing only the dealer can recalibrate, just something for folks to look for if they notice changes to the wave as a forum search came up negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 10-06-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

It’s got nothing to do with alignment of the plates. It’s the prop rotation that causing the plate deployment amount to be different from one side to the other. The goofy wave always needs more deployment with a LH rotating prop.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    It’s got nothing to do with alignment of the plates. It’s the prop rotation that causing the plate deployment amount to be different from one side to the other. The goofy wave always needs more deployment with a LH rotating prop.

Understood, and this would make it even more counterproductive for the right sided tab to be mildly deployed as it appears in my photo correct? Would be working against the left sided tab attempting to make the delayed convergence.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

You probably just turned the boat off with one of the tabs deployed. If you restart the boat with the Autoflow switch in the middle and Autowake off, the tabs should retract to the full upright position and self-calibrate for 0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Mine always look like this on my mojo also. Mentioned it to dealer and they say it looks like the rest of them at the dealer. Another person on the forum here has posted a picture and his looked the same too. Please let us know what the dealer says.

I had issues with mine earlier this year and had to replace a bad actuator. But yours in the pic is normal. You can turn the battery switch off/on and the plates will retract fully upon turning the key and the system rebooting.
    17' Craz

*Update*

No idea if that pic was a sx of an actuator going out.... but now the starboard actuator barely retracts and is permanently below the wake plate. Thought it was odd that I was struggling to clean up my goofy wave (only one kid is goofy in the family), dialing in 100% of plate and moving 150lbs of lead (I never have to move lead) to clean it up.

Boat is now in the shop getting fixed. The pic above was likely within tolerances, but I believe it started struggling at the end of last season when the boat started requiring more and more plate deployment every week for the goofy wave to be clean .... that was not necessary for 150 hours previously. Then after 20 hours of this season it manifested enough that it would notably pull and list to the right when cruising yesterday. With the surf system disengaged I still had a nice portside wave going . It was obvious and on the lift with my buddy cycling the system.

Wondering how common actuators go bad for folks, not a lot of chatter about them so assuming fairly dependable.
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 05-01-2020 at 12:15 PM.