Thread: New Outback

Default New Outback

Stepped up to an Outback this week as I bought Brian Sellers' boat (AKA Waterboy). Brian is a top notch guy that was a pleasure to deal with. Anyway, hope to make it to the jamboree to make some new friends. I guess I may need to change my user name as I no longer have a 97.

I meant to say Brian Sheets, not Sellers. Always been terrible with names.

congrats, i remember that boat from the 1st moomba jamboree
    very clean
    where in florida are you?

stacy

Monty,

Glad you made it home safely on such a stormy day. I hope you get as much out of the boat and the Moomba family as I did. Best boat ever!

Hey Ed,

Yeah, it was a tough decision, believe me. We really enjoyed having such a sweet ride to cruise the chain with for the past few years, but we just didn't use it often enough to justify keeping it. A couple of years ago my wife and I took over the care and management of a state owned horse named Buck (aka Buck the Wonder Horse) that lives at the park, and that has taken up a portion of our free time we used to use for skiing. I think my boat went to a really good home though, Monty will take good care of it. I can't tell you how emotional I got watching it being driven away!

One of the things that made having our boat so enjoyable was the support and friendship of the Moomba family. From the staunch (and when I say staunch I mean borderline fanatical) and shameless promotion of Skier's Choice by Ed G, to the great sales and service I received from Bob and Rob at Watersports of Central Florida, and last but certainly not least the effort from Skier's Choice execs Brian Raymond and Jay Warren as they turned a little picnic that Ed and I planned into such a great event that makes every Moomba and Supra owner attending feel even prouder of their choice in ski boats.

Thank you all for such a great ride......maybe I can convince Buck to make an appearance at the jamboree see you all can see my new ride!

Brian

I know I'm only an occasional poster here, but I have watched the board for the past couple years and I'm sorry to see waterboy sell his ride. I only hope he continues to contribute because it's the experience and willingness to share that really makes this board valuable and unique. Loosing one of the frequent, and proven good, contacts would be a real loss for all of us.

Moombadaze,

I'm actually in GA just barely across the state line north of Tallahassee. It is about a 4 hour ride to the jamboree but we're going to try. We'll have about an 18 month old at the time of the jamboree so that is what we are having to consider.

Monty