Default Interesting New Propeller Technology

http://www.sharrowengineering.com.

Now serving recreational market...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Egg beater technology is used now for wind turbines but they operate perpendicular to the air flow. I take exception to the lack of major advancement since the 1930s. In particular, through the hub exhaust in the 1960s and torque shifting props about a decade ago. I'll be interested where this goes.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Simply need to see data of standard design versus this new technology.

It either works or it doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That’s a weed catcher!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

saw this a few months ago on another wakeboat forum.

personally, I bet it'd take years of use to offset the difference in price basing it off their fuel economy savings, will it shear off or bend the same way our current props are built to save the drivelines and if you do ding it, good luck getting it fixed in a few days locally if they are even able to straighten it out.
    wonder if they have tested it on a listed or surf-system boat to see if it's propwash has different characteristics.

way too many unknowns to be attached to a boat I own in the immediate future.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

They’re claiming 17% more efficiency compared to current technology. More thrust with less torque on engine and shaft and eliminates cavitation. I actually read an article a few years ago about their “top secret” new nuclear sub propeller. The idea was that even though subs are stealth; enemy subs can still track the cavitation from the propellers.

See the attached video:

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...ODM1NTQ0ODc%3D

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    They’re claiming 17% more efficiency compared to current technology. More thrust with less torque on engine and shaft and eliminates cavitation. I actually read an article a few years ago about their “top secret” new nuclear sub propeller. The idea was that even though subs are stealth; enemy subs can still track the cavitation from the propellers.

See the attached video:

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...ODM1NTQ0ODc%3D

Oops!

Sorry. Had my #’s backwards: 9-15% more efficient while reducing torque on the drive train by 17%.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Egg beater technology is used now for wind turbines but they operate perpendicular to the air flow. I take exception to the lack of major advancement since the 1930s. In particular, through the hub exhaust in the 1960s and torque shifting props about a decade ago. I'll be interested where this goes.
    I think they’re referring to the basic design principle. Solid leaf blade.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    saw this a few months ago on another wakeboat forum.

personally, I bet it'd take years of use to offset the difference in price basing it off their fuel economy savings, will it shear off or bend the same way our current props are built to save the drivelines and if you do ding it, good luck getting it fixed in a few days locally if they are even able to straighten it out.
    wonder if they have tested it on a listed or surf-system boat to see if it's propwash has different characteristics.

way too many unknowns to be attached to a boat I own in the immediate future.
    I think the price is $6-$700 for 25” prop. I imagine a 15” prop would come in around at or below what ACME and OJ are charging.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV