Thread: Boat Wars III

Default Boat Wars III

Went to the 3rd annual boat show in town today. Man, the boats get nicer every year! A few things I learned:
    The new ('06 and newer) LSV is HUGE compared to my '05. And the newer tower is much better looking in person.
    Skier's Choice is putting a different type of padding on the swim step.
    I sat in the LSV, the 21 V, the Malibu Wakesetter, and the XLV. I was pleasantly surprised to find the LSV just as comfortable as the rest. My kids thought all of them had harder seats than our '05.
    A couple of Centurions caught my eye.
    Jet boats are expensive! The yellow one was for $81,000!!!

Was a great day. I think I missed my calling in life. I should have been a boat builder. I downloaded a bunch of photos on the webshots.

P.S. Best of show? The Launch 20 imo.

The LSV being larger is discussed here about a thousand times - but I guess you have to feel it yourself.

It is strange to see the size of a new boat show. It looks like they just wheeled a bunch of boats into a garage. I'm used to the Miami International Boat show - millions of square feet of carpeted, air-conditioned space, and thousands of boats. But yours looks like tow boats only so very cool to have the easy comparrison !!!

Good pics.

-Joe

And I bet they sold beer, too!
    B