Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: water in oil

Default water in oil

$3000 for 2 manifolds sounds steep. Might want to procure the parts on your own.

Manifolds should be $350 each and if you need risers $200 each. Plus maybe $50 in gaskets

Probably the easiest part to service on the engine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 09-18-2019 at 05:58 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default water in oil

2 INTAKE manifolds? 2.......!?!?!!!

You do know that there’s only one intake manifold, right Something fucky going on here.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    2 INTAKE manifolds? 2.......!?!?!!!

You do know that there’s only one intake manifold, right Something fucky going on here.

Great point, I immediately thought exhaust manifolds

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

He probably meant 2 exhaust manifolds, but whats the chance of both going......oh wait....back to how long have you had the boat?....then who winterized it and did they drain the exhaust manifolds? Did they winterize the ballast system? why would a hose come off? where did it come off? Like I said before this is sounding more like bullshit. He has yet to answer my questions. We are here to help , but like to know all the facts, so when stupid stuff comes up we will jump all over you. Did you winterize it?
    btw Cat exhaust manifolds can be pricey. But again how long have you had the boat? ..... don't make me say it......because i will
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 09-18-2019 at 11:35 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Sounds like a COOLANT hose (lake water) came off and flooded your engine bay. This also caused the engine to overheat warping / cracking the manifolds.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

CORRECTION.
    I called the dealer and found I misquoted him. It is the exhaust manifolds. He said they are so expensive as they have built in catalytic converters. He also said after market ones are almost the same price but don't have the same warrantee period as Indmar.
    Sorry for the confusion.

DOCDRS
    You say you want to help members but you act more like an attack dog. Appears you have anger management issues. What has the length of time I had the boat reievent to my problem. The boat ran perfect all summer long. It was winterized by the dealer and included the ballast tanks.
    If you really want to help members I suggest you read replies from others who really want to be helpful and don't have whatever you agenda is.

Whoa Lakeman, I thought how long have you had the boat and where exactly did the ballast hose come off were pretty simple questions. How long helps me as to your familiarization with the boat. Where exactly did the ballast hose come off helps me figure out if it really was a ballast hose or some other. Since you don't know the difference between an intake manifold and an exhaust manifold nor that there is only one intake manifolds lets me know your level of knowledge about your boat. Exhaust manifolds have to be properly winterized and if not can lead to their failure.....if you just got the boat they may have been cracked already and hence the reason you now need 2. Not sure why you are getting your panties all in a knot over 2 simple questions I asked.
    Here are some more.... did they make the Mojo in 2012? I thought the Mojo was introduced in 2015?.....does the boat have ballast tanks , bags or both? I can go on but whats the point. If you don't know or care what hose came off or what caused you to require 2 new Cats......why should I. If you can't give me more specifics its kind of hard to help you.

oops I am kind of wrong, I forgot the mojo 2.5 but I believe it was 2013 but close enough , my error and I apologize
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 09-20-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

New Update
    Dealer said manifold on backorder from Indmar for 4 to 6 weeks. I ordered them on line from Inboardonline.com for $2137.06 for a $750 savings. Dealer will install. Expect to receive them Wednesday

I still want to know how a cracked exhaust manifold allows water to get into the oiling system?

Did the dealer do a compression check of the block?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz