Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: water in oil

Default water in oil

2012 Moomba mojo ballast hose came off while wakeboarding and filled motor compartment with a foot of water. did not notice until steam came into boat.
    Checked oil and was milky. Hauled to a garage and they purged oil several times then started. Milky oil continued. I have not brought it to the one dealer in the state yet.
    Any ideas what is broken and estimate of repair cost?
    thanks
    lakemanalcrystallake

Do a compression check to see if the head gasket(s) are blown. Hopefully not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I’m thinking it’s internal. I’ve had more than a foot of water in the bilge and it won’t harm the engine. I think you would’ve had to fill the entire compartment up to let water through the intake to then get it in the crank case.

Water can get in thru the dipstick tube block connection but I would think after 2 oil changes all water would be out. Was the oil water free earlier in the season?
    Are you telling us the entire story? I see its your first post. How long have you had the boat. A foot in the engine compartment would mean you have water on the floor of your boat. How long have you had the boat? Where exactly did the ballast hose come off? Are you a troll?
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 09-14-2019 at 12:59 AM. Reason: dont bullshit me, its late, I'm tired and cranky
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

DOCDRS
    Not sure what your agenda is. No I'm not a troll. The facts are as previously stated. Local garage changed oil four times and started engine. Oil remained milky. He suggested I bring it to a Moomba dealer. Boat was running perfect before this. I called dealer but service manager not in today. I will visit him Monday to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by lakemanalcrystallake View Post
    DOCDRS
    Not sure what your agenda is. No I'm not a troll. The facts are as previously stated. Local garage changed oil four times and started engine. Oil remained milky. He suggested I bring it to a Moomba dealer. Boat was running perfect before this. I called dealer but service manager not in today. I will visit him Monday to discuss.
    Great, you answered the last question how about the first 2 questions
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Find a new shop and start over. This is not an issue that needs a Moomba dealer to resolve. Any shop with basic engine repair experience can diagnose and repair. Water in the bilge will not find its way into the engine. Only logical theory is that water caused the engine belt to slip, engine ran hot, real hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Find a new shop and start over. This is not an issue that needs a Moomba dealer to resolve. Any shop with basic engine repair experience can diagnose and repair. Water in the bilge will not find its way into the engine. Only logical theory is that water caused the engine belt to slip, engine ran hot, real hot.
    This ^^^^

MLA
    you may be on to something. The first indication that something was wrong is when steam or smoke appeared. That's when we checked and found the water in the engine compartment. After emptying water resumed surfing then it stalled after half an hour and we got towed in. Then discovered water in oil. Waiting for dealer to open so I can speak with service manager.
    thanks

UPDATE
    Dealer just called. Problem is two cracked intake manifolds. Parts are $3000 labor $800. Parts are on backlog at Indmar.