Default 2016 Craz 400 Fual filter replacement?!?!

I saw in another thread you could get a NAPA Gold fuel filter to replace the external one located on the starboard side behind the Cat. I picked one up and then looked at the location of the filter. Wow! I can see no way to replace this unless you pull off major parts. Does anyone have any experience with replacing this? The manual makes no recommendation on when it should be replaced.

I just looked at this yesterday. I was also surprised by the location. The manual does say to replace every 300 hrs or annually which is why I figured now would be a good time. Engine nut posted in another thread about this and said it's a little difficult to get to... I agree, this is an understatement. The location actually made me think indmar doesn't really think you need to actually replace it until you start have problems with fuel delivery...
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Update! I took the Craz to the dealer for a computer reflash which corrected the “stuck” hour meter. While I was waiting I talked to a friendly tech about the fuel filter replacement. The dealer quoted me 45.00 for the filter and 1/4 hr. labor to install it. I asked the tech how he could do this in 15 minutes! He said he removes the fuel lines at the quick disconnect fittings. Then he snakes the fuel filter with fuel lines connected to remove it. Then you can get to the threaded fittings to replace the filter. Those quick disconnect fitting require a special tool to slide in to release. Also used in the auto industry they are readily available. It might be worth it to let the dealer do it, but my dealer is a 6 hr. drive so I think I’ll do mine this winter.

If it’s anything like an automotive fuel filter, be sure to unhook the battery.

Typically when you open a fuel injection fuel line, the fuel pump will kick on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by DRHRSH View Post
    Update! I took the Craz to the dealer for a computer reflash which corrected the “stuck” hour meter. While I was waiting I talked to a friendly tech about the fuel filter replacement. The dealer quoted me 45.00 for the filter and 1/4 hr. labor to install it. I asked the tech how he could do this in 15 minutes! He said he removes the fuel lines at the quick disconnect fittings. Then he snakes the fuel filter with fuel lines connected to remove it. Then you can get to the threaded fittings to replace the filter. Those quick disconnect fitting require a special tool to slide in to release. Also used in the auto industry they are readily available. It might be worth it to let the dealer do it, but my dealer is a 6 hr. drive so I think I’ll do mine this winter.
    1/4 hour?? Dang, let them have at it.

I thought 1/2 to 1 hour was a min time charge for most things.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If it’s anything like an automotive fuel filter, be sure to unhook the battery.

Typically when you open a fuel injection fuel line, the fuel pump will kick on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A marine pump does not do that. It only comes on for a 2-3 second prime at key-up and then again when the engine is cranking or running. The system will have some pressure though so you need to be careful.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"