Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SHURFLO 94-800-00 Model 4008 Repair Parts-Complete Upper Housing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SQ4F4V2..._hcU7QPBPCXaJ7

Cheaper than buying a new pump.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    SHURFLO 94-800-00 Model 4008 Repair Parts-Complete Upper Housing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SQ4F4V2..._hcU7QPBPCXaJ7

Cheaper than buying a new pump.
    Good idea! Thanks for the link. This one is under warranty, but I’ll keep that link for future failures.

I wonder if I could re-wire the circulating pump for the heater so I can control when the pump runs? I could use one of the extra switches provided on the dash. The only reason it runs all the time is to provide instant heat when the heater is turned on. But it wouldn’t take that long for the hot coolant to get to the heater box when the pump is turned on. And we use the heater very little so why should the pump be running continuously? Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DRHRSH View Post
    I wonder if I could re-wire the circulating pump for the heater so I can control when the pump runs? I could use one of the extra switches provided on the dash. The only reason it runs all the time is to provide instant heat when the heater is turned on. But it wouldn’t take that long for the hot coolant to get to the heater box when the pump is turned on. And we use the heater very little so why should the pump be running continuously? Any thoughts?
    Don't do that. The engine cooling system requires circulation of coolant through the heater loop. Turning the pump off will stop the flow of coolant through the heater loop and will likely cause an engine overheat.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Nut View Post
    Don't do that. The engine cooling system requires circulation of coolant through the heater loop. Turning the pump off will stop the flow of coolant through the heater loop and will likely cause an engine overheat.
    Just seems like a poor design, this pump housing has cracked and recently started blowing fuses. Ive been running without it off and on, waiting for the season end to replace it. Not having issues with overheating rather we need heat!

I don’t believe that is true. When I ordered the boat the Heater was an option ( $800.00 one!) and all they do is create and extra loop of heater hose circulated by the pump. Then all those boats without a heater should overheat.

Boats that don't have a heater have a hose loop that connects the heater supply and return so there is always circulation through the system.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Boats that don't have a heater have a hose loop that connects the heater supply and return so there is always circulation through the system.
    So ALL the boats have the circulating pump and a loop of heater hose, just in case people want to add a heater? It doesn’t seem that a loop of additional heater hose would add much cooling?

Quote Originally Posted by DRHRSH View Post
    So ALL the boats have the circulating pump and a loop of heater hose, just in case people want to add a heater? It doesn’t seem that a loop of additional heater hose would add much cooling?
    He works for indmar.. Lol.. My guess is it helps circulation from the head to the block.

Update, returned from the dealer today with a “ reflash” of my boat. Frozen hrs at 250 jumped to 396. I was provided with a new heater circulating pump and horn ( mine died). I am doing the labor as my warranty is parts only at this point. Dealer clarified that boats without the heater have a hose loop as Enginenut stated but don’t have a circulating pump. I’m still not sure how this loop enhances cooling. Looks like I’ll be replacing the circulating pump every 400 hrs. or so.