Default Mojo online order discount...?

My first post so be nice please!

I’ve owned a few used boats, but looking to purchase my first new boat. I am really liking the Mojo. I’ve build my dream one online with an MSRP of $80k. The local dealer has one in stock for listed price of $98k and “on sale” for $92k, which both still seem very high. I’ve read a lot on forums getting 25% off MSRP is pretty standard in AZ, even up to 35% off during off season.

My question is; if I go into the dealership and build my boat online, can I expect similar % off MSRP then just a boat sitting on the lot? I would think so because it won’t sit on their lot and would be an instant sale.

Also bonus question, what % off MSRP have you guys been seeing on new boats...

Default Mojo online order discount...?

I don’t think 25%-35% discounts exist on new moombas. Nowhere near that margin available on an $80k boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 09-06-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

What do you think would be a good deal?

10-15 percent off on the brand new 2020s...you might get a better deal on a brand new prior model year leftover boat. Best thing to do is take your build in and see what happens.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

What knoxmojo said, best deals would be on a new 2019.

You can also look around at other dealer's stock. Have your dealer make a deal with the other dealer to get that boat. Most places up north are already talking about winterization, so dealers are not looking hold boats - especially 19s.

Each dealer gets 'X' number of build slots, so I'm not sure you get a better deal from a 2020 boat on the lot vs a 2020 custom build. But boat shows offer extra incentives.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Bought an '07 FourWinns new in Feb of '08, 25% off MSRP during boat show season (manufacturers offer nice rebates to dealers then). That boat only listed for $50K.

I just had a new 2019 Air Nautique offered to me for 25% off. Granted it's $225K list.

I wouldn't pay within $12K of list price for a '19 right now. We all know you can get that much off a '20 in a few months.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by Laketrav View Post

I’ve owned a few used boats, but looking to purchase my first new boat. I am really liking the Mojo. I’ve build my dream one online with an MSRP of $80k. The local dealer has one in stock for listed price of $98k and “on sale” for $92k, which both still seem very high. I’ve read a lot on forums getting 25% off MSRP is pretty standard in AZ, even up to 35% off during off season.

My question is; if I go into the dealership and build my boat online, can I expect similar % off MSRP then just a boat sitting on the lot? I would think so because it won’t sit on their lot and would be an instant sale.

AZ, aren't you just heading into the boating season? 2019 Supra build is going for about 25% off the retail price right now from what I've been able to determine. This does not include the dealer's "shipping and rigging fees" so the actual discount may be a bit higher, closer to 28%. I am going to talk shop on a 2020 SA, dealer has offered some huge discounts, so they can pre-sell the boat they want to bring in for the boat show in January. Supra has more margin so if you can get a 2019 Moomba for 15-18% off retail then I think you are doing fairly well but that is just my opinion. Something that I'm going to throw at them, keep your top end price of X$ but give me in-store credit of X$ to offset. If you area first timer like me that works cause I need to buy ropes, fenders, anchor, life jackets, boards, lead, tube (yes my kids will tube), etc. I'll see how that works. May be worth a few extra dollars.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Laketrav View Post

On a new order I'd guess you'll be in the 7-12% discount ballpark. Keep in mind Moomba's pricing nets out to around $15k less than competitors. So a 15-20% discount on Axis might sound good, until you find that you're looking at a mid $90k sticker vs low/mid $80s on a comparable Moomba.

I'd look for a leftover 2019...the new dash, vinyl, and full WetSounds sound system is well worth it. I don't think the 2020 upgrades are super impressive:
    -walkthrough stomp pad included (but it's smaller vs the 2019s $300 option)
    -seat backs included (really clumsy/cheap IMO but nice they're included vs the $900+ price on them before)
    -wireless charging mat on dash
    -new gel/color/flake options

So there's some 2020 upgrades but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    Bought an '07 FourWinns new in Feb of '08, 25% off MSRP during boat show season (manufacturers offer nice rebates to dealers then). That boat only listed for $50K.

I just had a new 2019 Air Nautique offered to me for 25% off. Granted it's $225K list.

I wouldn't pay within $12K of list price for a '19 right now. We all know you can get that much off a '20 in a few months.
    No offense but you offered up two examples that have absolutely zero to do with ordering a new Moomba lol. A FourWinns purchase during the recession and a quarter million dollar boat?
    --
    2019 Craz

See below website for figuring app dealer cost. Moomba discounts won't be the same as higher end boats.
    https://seedealercost.com/marine/bro...boat-mojo-2019