Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stereo

Default Stereo

It seems my stock cdxm60ui has shot craps. Has anyone found a simple replacement for it keeping both wired remotes at driver seat and rear of boat?
    It seems any head unit available now will have to cut and splice because pin connector is different. If you’ve swap out head unit and both remotes did you find some with same hole diameter? It’s a 2012 lsv. I’m a newbie here and just bought my 1st moomba at beginning of summer. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sony head unit stop working
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t

Check this out I had the same issue. Read my post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems any head unit available now will have to cut and splice because pin connector is different
    Not even that complicated, as they are not even compatible regardless of cables/connectors.

Wet Sounds, Clarion, Kicker, AquaticAV all have round remotes that will fit that old Sony remote hole. Fitting the main source unit may take some work and fabrication though.

Well I put a new deck in and it has Bluetooth so I just have an Apple Watch I can control music with that haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. Lake season is nearing the end for me so I will probably rough it a couple more weeks then bring it home and look at my options. I'm thinking I want to keep the 2 transom remotes. Looks like they won't be the same remotes but I like having them in their location.

Ok, I messed with the stereo system a little bit this weekend and wanted to see if anyone had any different ideas. It appears my head unit and remotes are working properly but the amp is messing everything up (its exile harpoon series). After powering the system up I noticed the amp was in protect mode and the head unit was lite up but I couldn't control it from anywhere. I shut everything down and took down the tower speakers (only speakers the amp is pushing) and the head unit and remotes all worked great. I plugged in the amp and the stereo changed modes, and I couldn't control anything from the head unit or the remotes. The amp did not go into protect mode at this time, assuming because no speakers were connected to it. I messed with it several times and similar results each time. I left the amp unplugged and the rest of the system worked fine all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodyk View Post
    Ok, I messed with the stereo system a little bit this weekend and wanted to see if anyone had any different ideas. It appears my head unit and remotes are working properly but the amp is messing everything up (its exile harpoon series). After powering the system up I noticed the amp was in protect mode and the head unit was lite up but I couldn't control it from anywhere. I shut everything down and took down the tower speakers (only speakers the amp is pushing) and the head unit and remotes all worked great. I plugged in the amp and the stereo changed modes, and I couldn't control anything from the head unit or the remotes. The amp did not go into protect mode at this time, assuming because no speakers were connected to it. I messed with it several times and similar results each time. I left the amp unplugged and the rest of the system worked fine all weekend.
    Call Exile. Their customer service and support is great.
    2019 Supra SL450

Its very rare for an amp to effect a head unit back through the RCA, but not impossible.

I shut everything down and took down the tower speakers (only speakers the amp is pushing) and the head unit and remotes all worked great. I plugged in the amp and the stereo changed modes,
    Can you clarify a little here? You removed the tower speakers, but then reconnected something not mentioned as being previously disconnected.

With the tower speakers removed, did the amp power back up in normal mode? No protect light?

Yes, I removed tower speakers and turned the stereo on with the amp unplugged and it works fine. Once I plug the amp in the head unit goes silent although it is still lite up. I then can’t control it at the head or with the remote. The amp light is on but is not in protect mode.

Ok, speakers disconnect, and is in normal mode. This indicates a likely issue with one of the speakers.

Was it the RCA or the turn-on you disconnected from the head/amp, or both?