Default Ballast placement lingo

Im sure its a stupid question, but can someone translate some the ballast placement lingo? maybe a boat diagram? Lets see some paint skills lol.

midship, lockers, ect

I see a lot of different words used, and most of the time,I think theyre just saying under the seat behind the driver, and under the seat opposite of that. lol

Clearly Im a noob
    2019' Moomba Max

Port = left side of boat
    Starboard = right side of boat
    Locker = storage compartment
    Midship = middle of the boat
    Bow = front of the boat
    Stern = rear of the boat

Hope this helps.

Light blue = port bow locker
    Dark blue = starboard bow locker
    Red = port midship locker
    Green = starboard midship locker
    Yellow = port rear locker
    Purple = starboard rear locker

Last edited by haknslash; 09-03-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

What are you trying to figure out?

Adding weight is either WATER or LEAD.

Rear Lockers - the areas on each side of your engine. The Max has storage trays on each side and under that is probably 1000#s of ballast bags. I recall people upgrading to 1280s for more water weight - 50x25x25. You will also hear people upgrading the divider panels on each side - those are panels separating the engine and locker

Midship - People are putting bags under the side seats - 720s - bags probably 45x20x20. Midship weight is the longer seats behind the driver's console area and across from the drivers.

You probably have 1000# under the center of the boat.

Bow - front of the boat. Sometimes you will read about a IBS bag up there - Integrated Bow Sac - looks like an upside-down V - probably 250-500#

Helm weight is by the drivers console and across from that - observer side. You might hear someone adding 100-200# on drivers and 300-400# on the observer side to offset the driver weight.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 09-03-2019 at 05:38 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

haknslash - nice pic!
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    haknslash - nice pic!
    I was going to try and write on the pic too but it looked like chicken scratch so I figured I’d just draw colored circles and type it out on the forum instead. Hard to draw from a little phone screen

I forgot to include the helm storage so I’m glad you explained it in greater detail to him.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Nice info, and the paint skills were way better than I expected. Lol

I'm personally not trying to figure anything out. My boat setup is good for now. Just get confused sometimes when reading the forum. Thanks.
    2019' Moomba Max

One term that I have seen recently that I am unfamiliar with is 'rope locker'. Is this a specific location specific to the boat or a general location that could be applied to any boat?
    '05 XLV with '11 hull

Quote Originally Posted by mattyg06 View Post
    One term that I have seen recently that I am unfamiliar with is 'rope locker'. Is this a specific location specific to the boat or a general location that could be applied to any boat?
    I call the center engine hatch the rope locker on my Max. I picked it up from a 2012 mondo owner who called his tray above the engine his rope locker. Granted it’s soo deep in the max you can keep lots more than just ropes in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere