Default Raptor engine knocking noise at idle- Throttle body servo

This is the 2nd time I have posted this issue. I am still hearing this noise after running the engine and then putting the engine at idle. I only have until March 2020 until the warranty runs out. I found the following clip on a Tige forum today but this is exactly what I am experiencing.

https://youtu.be/X89a31Bl45s

Any idea the cause or fix?
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition
    WM 910 Rear sacs and 650 and 550 IBS
    WS 600 WATT Amp- 4 Tower Speakers
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Pro sport 12 Dual Batt Charger
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

Sorry to here you’re having issues. The warranty doesn’t require you to diagnose the issue. Take it to your dealer. As long as you get it in before the warranty runs out; if they can’t resolve it at one visit, they still have to cover it under the original warranty.

Are you sure it’s not just the lifters? All engines have lifter “tick”.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

I have this same sound. I would bet it's the same thing. I'll check and see and report back when we're back at the lake. Although if it's not sticking when hitting the throttle, I wouldn't mess with it.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Well, my dealer and Indmar decided to replace the whole throttle body assembly which includes the motor that modulates the butterfly valve at idle. Indmar said that since it was such a loud clicking noise, they would replace it. The dealer ran the engine with the new part and said it sounded good. Unfortunately, I am getting it winterized at the same time so i cant test it myself until the spring. Indmar said that replacing the part has been successful about 1/2 the time to fix the noise. Hope I am on the better 1/2.
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

Be certain that your cats are not making any noise. There was an issue with the internal welds that allowed water in and can breakup the catalyst material creating some odd clicking/ticking noises. I had my cats replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Did it sound similar to this? I never received any codes. Most cat issues that I have heard of include codes.

Thanks for the Info. I will see what happens in the spring. Unfortunately, my warranty will be up.
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by justflyinglow View Post

Did it sound similar to this? I never received any codes. Most cat issues that I have heard of include codes.

Thanks for the Info. I will see what happens in the spring. Unfortunately, my warranty will be up.
    Yes, I thought it could be the same thing based on the sound. I think I found the same video while I was trying to figure it out. The sound was like rattling hardware/clicking/knocking that did not coordinate with engine speed. I had no codes.

I could tap on the cats lightly with a rubber mallet and heat the loose pieces inside. I was also able to see missing/damaged catalytic material after removing the O2 sensor and looking in the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there