Default Surf advice new Moomba

I have an 07 LSV, and love the boat, surfs like a champ for its age, but just getting tired of adding the suck gate, & I don't feel comfortable with a ton of ballast in it. Considering a new Moomba. Which Moomba model has the best surf wave when dialed in? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aondion View Post
    I have an 07 LSV, and love the boat, surfs like a champ for its age, but just getting tired of adding the suck gate, & I don't feel comfortable with a ton of ballast in it. Considering a new Moomba. Which Moomba model has the best surf wave when dialed in? Thanks
    You should by my 2018 craz has 58 hours on it and it has an amazing wake.

From what I have seen and read the maiki makes a really good wake.

Send pictures. A picture or video of the wave would be great. How much you asking? Where are you located?

I have an ‘18 Craz and would agree the wake and wave are awesome. I have what I think they call the “Surf max” package in ‘18. I think that included a bow bag and upgraded rear bags for a total of 3,000 lbs of ballast. I added another 300 lbs of lead and it is a beast for surfing. The wakeboard wake is awesome also. I haven’t done much behind other Moomba’s but from what I read in here, you can get all the new models to surf really nice if you know how to set them up. I would say pick the size you want and start from there. The Craz has plenty of room for about 10 adults. After that, it get pretty darn crowded. My next one will be 23’ or longer, but that is just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Just picked up a Makai on Friday. Still learning the wave. There is an extra 1000 lbs of lead in the back of the boat. We rode today with the front ballast filled to only 70%, pitch at 9.5, roll at 4 and speed between 11.5 and 11.8 depending on the rider. The wave was steep, long and a ton of fun. I am terrible with pics. If we go out tomorrow, I will get you one. Two thumbs up on the Makai as is, and we are just getting started on the dialing process

Quote Originally Posted by Tabone View Post
    Just picked up a Makai on Friday. Still learning the wave. There is an extra 1000 lbs of lead in the back of the boat. We rode today with the front ballast filled to only 70%, pitch at 9.5, roll at 4 and speed between 11.5 and 11.8 depending on the rider. The wave was steep, long and a ton of fun. I am terrible with pics. If we go out tomorrow, I will get you one. Two thumbs up on the Makai as is, and we are just getting started on the dialing process
    Just curious, is that pitch and roll one of the factory presets or your custom settings?

9.5 pitch just seems bow high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That was our own. Made the wave steeper and taller. I did not notice any sacrifice in the length of the wave and the back end still had plenty of push.