Default Flow 2 vs. Flow 3

Morning All,

I am possibly looking at upgrading to either a 2020 Kaiyen or Craz from my 2017 Mondo and I was curious if anyone has had experience with the surf wave difference between the Flow 2 vs. the Flow 3? I currently have the Flow 2 w/Autowake and I have been pleased with the surf wave.

Based on the new website, the surf system options are as follows:

Kaiyen
    • Flow 2 @ $1,590.00 (assuming 3 pumps with no option to upgrade to G6)
    • Flow 3 @ $2,590.00 w/G6

Craz
    • Flow 2 @ $1,590.00 w/3 pumps
    • Flow 2 @ $2,640.00 w/G6
    • Flow 3 @ $3,730.00 w/G6

I'm not sure why there is a difference of $1,140.00 between the Flow 3 w/G6 in the Craz as compared to the Kaiyen?

I do like the idea of filling the bags in half of the time with the G6 pumps, but in reference to the Craz, is it worth paying an additional $1,090.00 for the Flow 3 or should I consider putting that money towards larger ballast bags?

Overall is the Flow 3 a game changer compared to Flow 2 or just a slight difference?
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

G6 is not just an advantage of filling the bags initially. The 6 pumps help with Autowake adjustments during your rider sessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Kaiyen is standard with G6 regardless of which surf system you pick. That is why the Craz option is more because G3 is standard on the Craz versus the G6 is standard on Kaiyen.

Flow 3.0 is nice, and it does help clean up the face of the wave. The Kaiyen has 3,700 lbs. of ballast in a 21.5 footer so regardless, your wave will be good. The 3.0 is just the next gen and it does improve some aspects of the wave and the cleanliness of the face with minimal weight movement.

I had asked the same question a couple of months ago. I demoed a 2020 Makai with Flow 3, very nice wave. I was then going to demo a 2019 Makai with Flow 2 to see the difference, but an SL got in the way.

It would be easy to tell the difference if there was any control over the Flow 3 actuator, but unfortunately there's not.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I had asked the same question a couple of months ago. I demoed a 2020 Makai with Flow 3, very nice wave. I was then going to demo a 2019 Makai with Flow 2 to see the difference, but an SL got in the way.

It would be easy to tell the difference if there was any control over the Flow 3 actuator, but unfortunately there's not.
    I hate when that happens and I know where you are coming from... my Dealer has just thrown a new '99 Craz Pro into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Ken View Post
    I hate when that happens and I know where you are coming from... my Dealer has just thrown a new '99 Craz Pro into the mix.
    How much for the Craz Pro? I don't think I'd get one personally, because I had stickers on my Mondo and hated them. But I guess for the right deal...
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    How much for the Craz Pro? I don't think I'd get one personally, because I had stickers on my Mondo and hated them. But I guess for the right deal...
    Not sure as of yet. My Dealer is working on pricing all 3 today (hopefully).