Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Are you guys using the side wake plates to get the wake that smooth or is that all just ballasts?

Default September 2019 Pics and Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    Are you guys using the side wake plates to get the wake that smooth or is that all just ballasts?
    I think the hull/running surface does it, and all wakeboats do it? I think? Idk! This is only with 20-30% ballast. 3 people in boat. But the Craz is apparently a great wakeboard boat, can’t remember where I read it but one of the sponsored riders said it was his favorite Moomba for boarding.

Buddy took a shot of our boat yesterday, lots of crew but plenty of room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matt0520; 09-03-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    --
    2019 Craz

Not too much to contribute but I do have a couple pictures.

Hailey chilled like this for 5 hours...

Ran into another Moomba owner at the island

And Woody the Woodpecker paid us a visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Your kid is a badass!!!

My 7yo son likes to think his phase5 scamp is for playing with in the water and uses this “I’m scared” stance about trying anything new (including foods). The only explanation I can think of is that he’s wanting to be his own individual and seems to steer away from anything I’m into including sports, dirtbikes, cars etc. By this age I really thought we would be into some form of racing together but he’s just not interested. I try not to push to hard in hopes he will eventually come around. He’s finally started asking to shoot his BB gun so maybe hunting in a few years lol.
    I started my son on Snowskis at 3 years old. He was completely fearless. by 7 he was dropping double black diamonds. However, when we bought our wakeboats, he simply told me "watersports aren't my thing". The first season he would NOT play behind the boat. (I'm anti-tubing, so I won't even bring one on the boat). A few years ago, I think he was 10?, and he said he'd try surfing. He wasn't as intimidated with the slower speeds relative to wakeboarding. So, he tried with a 4'8 board that was too big for him and got up for an INSTANT and was stoked. I immediately bought him a scamp. After a handful of tries surfing, we went back to wakeboarding and he got up and rode. Then back to surfing and the wakeboarding paid off and he was up and riding the scamp. I still have to push him a bit to get behind the boat because often he'd just as soon be lazy and chill. Unless we're gonna do something crazy, then he's in. The doubles wakeboarding and doubles surfing was no problem to talk him into!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Not too much to contribute but I do have a couple pictures.

Hailey chilled like this for 5 hours...
    Great picture...should have named her Noah
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I started my son on Snowskis at 3 years old. He was completely fearless. by 7 he was dropping double black diamonds. However, when we bought our wakeboats, he simply told me "watersports aren't my thing". The first season he would NOT play behind the boat. (I'm anti-tubing, so I won't even bring one on the boat). A few years ago, I think he was 10?, and he said he'd try surfing. He wasn't as intimidated with the slower speeds relative to wakeboarding. So, he tried with a 4'8 board that was too big for him and got up for an INSTANT and was stoked. I immediately bought him a scamp. After a handful of tries surfing, we went back to wakeboarding and he got up and rode. Then back to surfing and the wakeboarding paid off and he was up and riding the scamp. I still have to push him a bit to get behind the boat because often he'd just as soon be lazy and chill. Unless we're gonna do something crazy, then he's in. The doubles wakeboarding and doubles surfing was no problem to talk him into!
    Snowboarding is certainly Zandar's favorite sport, but we only get 4 or 5 days on a mountain per year as compared to 100 or more days on the water. He started snowboarding (and wakeboarding) at 6 and can do black diamonds in Vermont, blue trails out west. His sister got on skis last year (at 3 years), hopefully she can do more this year. The trapeze thing is just prepping them for aerial awareness behind the boat when they get into the real tricks.

Come to think of it I wish we lived closer to mountains and flipped the time spent on mountains vs water...less expensive. I think I paid more than $2500 for gas this summer and still have about 6 weeks left!!
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Short video but amazing view!

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    Snowboarding is certainly Zandar's favorite sport, but we only get 4 or 5 days on a mountain per year as compared to 100 or more days on the water. He started snowboarding (and wakeboarding) at 6 and can do black diamonds in Vermont, blue trails out west. His sister got on skis last year (at 3 years), hopefully she can do more this year. The trapeze thing is just prepping them for aerial awareness behind the boat when they get into the real tricks.

Come to think of it I wish we lived closer to mountains and flipped the time spent on mountains vs water...less expensive. I think I paid more than $2500 for gas this summer and still have about 6 weeks left!!
    I can't say that ski/snowboard is any cheaper. We'll be around that $2.5k in season passes and that's before gas to/from the mountain and lodging for all the road trips we have planned this year. The wife is a snow junkie though, so it's easy to justify both the summer and winter expenses. Affording them is a whole other issue!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Shot some slow motion footage of the wave developing off idle when I added the 750 lb bag in the midship locker. I hate the second half of the video was out of focus (stupid iphone). Pretty cool to see it develop even if it's only 720p.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Foil surfing on the XLV...

www.TraysonsToybox.com