Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Default September 2019 Pics and Vids

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Really? I find that hard to believe. I mean, I have a pair of REV410s on my tower and nothing comes close to them for mid-bass. I've got three 10" subs, the pair of REV410s, and 8 polk cabin speakers. the only area where I'm really lacking is that my cabins are only 6.5's...

Have you ever been on a boat with 4 rev10's or a pair of REV410s?
    Yes the new Supra SA JL system is unreal.

I have heard the REV10’s just this summer, very loud I agree, but the richness and quality of the 2020SA sound is amazing AND it’s really loud.

The new technology in the JL amps, the number of 8.8” speakers, the 2 12” subs and the tuning JL Audio did on the 2020 Supras is impressive.

I understand the skepticism and you might need to hear it yourself to believe how good it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Agree 100%

Have two buddies with Malibu's one has 4 rev10s the other has 2 rev10s. There is so much highs coming out of those rev10s you cannot have enough mids and bass to even out the harshness of the highs on those rev10s.

I'll stick with the JL setup in my SL and I really want to hear the new setup on the 2020 SA with the 2 12s sub and the new DSP amps.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Are the JLs hlcd? Are you listening to them at wakeboard length?

Because you can't have it all. Obviously if you don't demand a speaker project to 70+ feet you can have even better SQ. That said, I'd put the midbass of my rev410s up against any speaker on the market.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Are the JLs hlcd? Are you listening to them at wakeboard length?

Because you can't have it all. Obviously if you don't demand a speaker project to 70+ feet you can have even better SQ. That said, I'd put the midbass of my rev410s up against any speaker on the market.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Not at wakeboard length, just at sandbar.

It will be interesting when owners start giving feedback on the new Supra sound systems.

The Amps and custom tuning by JL are next level. Game changer.

Not at all intended as a bash of any other high end speakers or amps.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Not at wakeboard length, just at sandbar.

It will be interesting when owners start giving feedback on the new Supra sound systems.

The Amps and custom tuning by JL are next level. Game changer.

Not at all intended as a bash of any other high end speakers or amps.

in context, it all makes sense now. I know that my Wetsounds REV410s are LOUD AF. But the fact that I can make ears bleed at 75 feet doesn't necessarily equate to "sound quality". My context is how good it sounds while still being Loud AF. So we're quantifying with a different value set.

The biggest thing is that we all link up our systems with the Wireless A-Link so we don't have stereo wars and are jammin' the same tunes!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I also loved the 2020 SA and those 12s. Sound was really clear. Thumping.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I have a '19 SE that was spec'd out like the 2020's (all JL, from the factory , 2-12" subs, 4- 8.8" towers etc...), the only difference is the new amps for 2020. The sound quality is amazing at max volume, clear, not overpowered by highs, full and rich across the audible frequency band. I'm sure it's not as loud as REV 10's (what I had on my last boat) at wakeboard distance, but at surf distance the sound quality is definitely superior.
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by trace View Post
    I have a '19 SE that was spec'd out like the 2020's (all JL, from the factory , 2-12" subs, 4- 8.8" towers etc...), the only difference is the new amps for 2020. The sound quality is amazing at max volume, clear, not overpowered by highs, full and rich across the audible frequency band. I'm sure it's not as loud as REV 10's (what I had on my last boat) at wakeboard distance, but at surf distance the sound quality is definitely superior.
    Can you post pics of your amp settings?
    2019 Supra SL450

in context, it all makes sense now. I know that my Wetsounds REV410s are LOUD AF. But the fact that I can make ears bleed at 75 feet doesn't necessarily equate to "sound quality". My context is how good it sounds while still being Loud AF. So we're quantifying with a different value set.

The biggest thing is that we all link up our systems with the Wireless A-Link so we don't have stereo wars and are jammin' the same tunes!!!
    I get your point but not sure it’s apples to apples, a factory boat vs your aftermarket system...

But I think at wakeboard length the quad JL tower speakers are great. Not quite as loud but also don’t sound like a cell phone at full blast like the REV10s sound to me. Good balance of sound throw and quality.

--
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    I get your point but not sure it’s apples to apples, a factory boat vs your aftermarket system...

But I think at wakeboard length the quad JL tower speakers are great. Not quite as loud but also don’t sound like a cell phone at full blast like the REV10s sound to me. Good balance of sound throw and quality.

"factory" systems have come so far that it really is apples to apples. Boat systems are so damn simple anymore:

1. What tower speakers should we use?
    2. Let's throw a handful of cabin speakers in there
    3. Sub(s). If we put 1 or 2 in there, it's gonna pound as long as it has an enclosure & we don't half ass it freeair.
    4. Make sure you have the appropriate power going to everything with class D amps.
    5. Rock out with your...

But you're VERY correct in that it's not apples to apples comparing a system designed for surf distance to one designed for wakeboard distance. Of course the HLCD's aren't going to have the SQ of a surf tower speaker. That's the apples to oranges.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com