Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

I don't know that you can really get into a comparison of factory vs aftermarket as tray points out the lines are pretty blurry....
    rev10's are considered aftermarket on some boats but are factory on others. jl's are factory now on supras but you can still pick them up in the aftermarket.
    amp tuning is really the only thing that you could say is factory about any of the systems anymore as in some cases they are boat-specific however even those have non-factory equivalents that you can buy, just not tuned as such.

boats are really nothing more than a factory hull cobbled together with a lot of aftermarket parts.

I do agree with matt in his review of the ws hlcd drivers. rev10's/410's sound like $hit to me- way too much highs. do they work at wakeboard distance better than most? ya but at a cost of sq when you're surfing or just chillin in the boat. all imo and based on the number of rev10's running around, others think differently.

harkens me back to my old circuit city days as a sales manager.
    you want it loud? dcm or klipsch for their 12-15" subs and hlcd highs. pick any receiver that has a ton of power, usually sony or pioneer as they were clean enough.
    you want it clear? infinity or polk. smaller subs and actual tweeters. usually sold onkyo or HK receivers as they were considered more musical but less power for same $$.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I would say JL Audio is taking it seriously with Supra and Nautique by helping integrate speaker pods and subs into the boat design.

The going the next step with tuning each model. The new JL amps don’t even have gain adjustments anymore. It’s all done by JL.

I think many will be impressed with the 2020 SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

have to see one someday. JL makes, imo, the best subs on the market. their amps are decent. not heard their 2ways.
    in the car audio area, their subs are really where they get the attention.

I get the jl/supra custom tuning but..... makes it harder to integrate other products and if you swap out for another brand their proprietary stuff is not worth what it could be. that's not a good position on the consumer side. I think bose in cars. good stuff but there's better aftermarket out there. cost quite a bit to integrate with bose and if you take their stuff out it's pretty much worthless. feels like in the boating environment jl is moving in that direction. ws has had amps in tige's for a few years that are tuned and you can't mess with them. it's definitely a downside for those that want to tinker with the setup.

I think about tray's boat and a new 2020 sa. sure the sa is nice BUT 10 years from now like tray's boat, his is actually able to be worked on and tinkered with. some of these new boat electronics are going to be a challenge...... especially as some of the stuff are 1-off's and vendors are not going to support long term.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default September 2019 Pics and Vids

This is true about electronics but cars like Tesla’s are really starting to prove that wrong. Not to mention Nautique and Malibu, these screens are really lasting a looooong time.

My kids have an iPad that’s over a decade old. Zero issues with the screen, and guarantee my animals put that through more trauma than a boat screen will ever see

--
    2019 Craz

Default September 2019 Pics and Vids

I don’t think it’s at all like oem audio systems like bose for GM cars.

It’s simply the next generation of VXi amps from JL.

Here is the non marine version, but same technology.

https://youtu.be/dJUnHyq5XZo

https://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-amplifiers-vxi

Marine
    https://www.ceoutlook.com/2019/08/13...sp-amplifiers/

Last edited by larry_arizona; 10-03-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan