Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sony head unit stop working

The head unit that came with my 2014 mojo was a Sony head unit and it went out on me. stopped working so I went and got a new JVC head unit and noticed that it doesn’t have the connection for the Sony changers I have on the boat! Any ideas out there for adaptor or solutions don’t really want to replace the changers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to break it to you, but the remotes (im guessing you mean by changers) are all preparatory. No adapters, as its more about the communication protocol. If you got a JVC marine unit that remote-compatible, you will need to use their remotes. Just note, they are small and do not have ab LCD display.

That’s what I was afraid of. Is there a Sony headunit that I can get that will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo2.5dusty View Post
    That’s what I was afraid of. Is there a Sony headunit that I can get that will work?

You have to get an older unit. New ones don't support the big remote at the helm.

One more reason I hate Sony.
    2019 Supra SL450

Sony retired the display remote and dropped support for the those remotes in future head units. Last I looked, Sony only had one marine model that supports the non-display remote. It should work, but it does not power up the display, simply reacts to the button commands.

Which one if you don’t mind me asking?

I only really care if the command buttons work that’s it

Looking at what Sony lists as current, the MEX-M100BT, MEX-M71BT and MEX-71BT all support the non-display RM-X11M wire remote.

In theory, you could supply an external power supply to the display remote's illumination power harness. I think its a 5V circuit, but have not tested this.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Looking at what Sony lists as current, the MEX-M100BT, MEX-M71BT and MEX-71BT all support the non-display RM-X11M wire remote.

In theory, you could supply an external power supply to the display remote's illumination power harness. I think its a 5V circuit, but have not tested this.
    I installed the MEX-M100BT in my Mondo. Also installed the RM-X11M remote. Had to run a separate power wire to it.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I installed the MEX-M100BT in my Mondo. Also installed the RM-X11M remote. Had to run a separate power wire to it.
    The RM-X11M has leads for 12V illumination hookup. The RM-X60M (and previous X55M) has a proprietary 2-pin plug that connects to the back of the older gen head units to power the LCD display. Data is sent on the separate 3.5MM male plugged connected, which is the same as the RM-X11M. You can run the X11M with no illumination, illuminated the entire time the boat is in use, illuminated with NAV/ANC or just with ANC. The X60M display is on the entire time the stereo is on.