Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Purchase Questions

Hi I am back with more questions. I am now looking at a 2019 Mondo without auto wake and a single axle trailer, and also looking at one with autowake and a tandom axle trailer. All other features are the same. It will only be me and my wife in the boat 80% of the time. Not sure autowake would make much of a difference. There is a 2k price difference between the two boats. Does anyone have any opinion about the tandom/single axle, autowake?
    Thanks,
    h8bnpr

I personally wouldn't ever buy a boat with a single axle trailer. That's just too much weight on 1 axle. It would have to be a heck of a deal for a single axle, and even then I would swap tires out to 10-14 ply tires immediately, so your out $2-300 right there. So for me the $2k is worth it on the axle alone, autowake just adds to that decision. Should you ever sale it both of those items will make it easier to sale as well.

my supra was on a single axle(30 miles each way x 18 trips/yr x 5 years of ownership and never an issue) and the mondo I rode in wisconsin was single as well. it's WAY easy to move a single axle around if you have some garage issues or space issues that make hooking up or storing a challenge. I can't even budge the dual axle my last boat sat on.
    if I was towing a lot I'd opt for the dual every time. if you are not towing much, close to the ramp, or you have some tight confines to store the boat in, single is sure a lot easier to manipulate and the mondo really doesn't need a dual.
    a lot think that you HAVE to have a dual axle but I trust the engineers at boatmate that they know what they are doing and IMO in some cases it really comes down to someone wanting a dual axle "look" not necessity for the boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Good point on moving it around with a single axle, it is easier to do, and if he's close by the ramp or on a lift. Blowing a tire out on a single axle is a little rougher than dual axle, never fun either way you go on that one. The extra set of brakes is always nice as well on the newer trailers.

I live 8 miles from the ramp. I am pretty sure that the single axle will work fine. Doesn't matter now, I bought it

8 miles very nice! Congrats! Post up some pics

I am trying, but I must be an idiot. I can't get it to post

This page wont let you do it, so its not you. Easiest way is download tapatalk on you phone and load them there.

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    This page wont let you do it, so its not you. Easiest way is download tapatalk on you phone and load them there.
    Happy day!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Tapatalk tip