Default Wont be long now!

This is my first time winterizing . Just want to double check that my understanding of the motor draining is correct. '18 mojo

Remove all blue labeled drain points (5)
    What would/could happen if this is all I did?

How is the heater handled?
    Do I need to pull hoses off?

I know most pump RV antifreeze through. I have a fake a lake setup.
    How is the antifreeze ran through using this method? Hook hose to spigot on bucket onto fake a lake and start the engine? 5 gallons enough?

The garden hose connection with the blue sticker
    What is this?
    Can I make a gravity drain bucket and attach to it to run antifreeze.
    through instead of fake a lake under the boat?
    Which side would I hook to?

Ive read through many winterizing forums and I think I have an understanding of everything else that needs to be done. TIA!
    '18 mojo

fwiw. winterized in boise idaho/green bay wisconsin:

we changed oil. hook up to fakelake to get engine up to temps makes oil easier to drain.
    remove and drain all ballast bags. stored separately in the garage.
    drain water from the engine by removing drain plugs on exhaust manifolds, block drains and intake to vdrive/trans. back it up to a steep decline to drain bilge.
    drain water from heater core by unhooking both lines at the engine. compressed air nozzle pushes it all out. watch pressure tho.
    pull plugs and squirt fogging into each cylinder, bumping the key each time to coat it all.
    pull batteries out and store in garage. put on trickle charger occasionally.
    fresh coat of wax.

put boat away and done.
    I did the full blown winterization at the dealer the first year we had the supra with rv antifreeze and pulling the impeller. ever since '07 I have not ever used rv as I think it's a waste of money and we change impellers every other year so no need to pull it.
    this has treated us right for 12 years but again, everyone has their own comfort level with winterization.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

should call out that I have always stored boats in an insulated garage that even in the harsh wisconsin climate never dipped below 45deg.
    I would probably do something different if I was storing boats outdoors for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ...back it up to a steep decline to drain bilge...

...pull plugs and squirt fogging into each cylinder, bumping the key each time to coat it all.
    To drain bilge, I've found it's far better to park it level and pull the center drain plug.

As far as fogging oil, I read somewhere but don't remember where, that that shouldn't be done on engines with catalytic converters.
    2019 Supra SL450

check this thread out on fogging.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....g-raptor-motor
    lots of information out there on both sides that say fog and don't fog. did it for many years on both boats with cats and never an issue but I also know I have never fogged a cycle or lawnmower engine and they have been fine as well.
    if I still lived in a climate that required a winterization I would fog.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    check this thread out on fogging.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....g-raptor-motor
    lots of information out there on both sides that say fog and don't fog. did it for many years on both boats with cats and never an issue but I also know I have never fogged a cycle or lawnmower engine and they have been fine as well.
    if I still lived in a climate that required a winterization I would fog.
    I didn't fog my Mondo, didn't have an issue. I think I'll let the dealer winterize whichever new boat I get, just so the warranty isn't jeopardized, so whatever they do is up to them.

I just don't see the difference when they say burning the fogging oil will damage the cats, because when you fire it up the first time in the spring, it will burn off the oil that was sprayed into the cylinders directly. Regress of how it got into the cylinder, it will eventually be burned off.
    2019 Supra SL450

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking I will pull the blue plugs and for a little added insurance flush with RV antifreeze. Since I'm flushing with antifreeze do I still need to pull hoses off the heater?
    '18 mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking I will pull the blue plugs and for a little added insurance flush with RV antifreeze. Since I'm flushing with antifreeze do I still need to pull hoses off the heater?
    No, you don't have a heater core, you have a heat exchanger that runs off the coolant. If you pull the hoses for the heaters, you're going to have a big mess.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    No, you don't have a heater core, you have a heat exchanger that runs off the coolant. If you pull the hoses for the heaters, you're going to have a big mess.
    Ok, wasn't sure if the heat was coming from the water from the intake or the coolant. Thanks!
    '18 mojo