Default Distributor no start issue

Hoping Larry Engine Nut still checks the forums as this has me stumped.
    02 OutbackLS. Indmar Assault 310 carbed motor. Unfortunately I’ve been traveling for work more the past few summers and the boat hasn’t seen much running time. Last 2 maybe 2 hours. Was having idle issue so at 17 years figured carb rebuild time. Talked with Holley and got a the correct parts. Figures when I did it I’d do the fuel system as well.
    1. Drained and cleaned tank
    2. Replaced fuel lines
    3. Replaced Carter low pressure fuel pump
    4 replaced fuel filter.
    5. Cleaned the carb with thought of rebuild after new fuel pump and any possible leftover anything went through system.

Started it and slight adjustment to carb idle and smooth as silk.

The bad. Kept smelling a smell couldn’t detect where. Smoke from alternator was the giveaway. Needless to say the alternator after 17 years decided to retire. Postmortem on it revealed the diodes had burned up.

6. Replaced alternator with new yes marine unit and and now no start.

7. Traced all wires grounds and circuits and figured the coil or ignition module got wiped when the alternator
    Failed.
    8. Replaced these and boat fired right up.
    Ran it for about 1/2 hour and worked my way up to full throttle and figured I need a timing adjustment as everything is new and maybe off. Running about 4300 rpm too as opposed to 4900-5000.
    Put it on the lift and planned to do first thing AM. Surprise no start.
    Checked everything have fuel , air but no spark. Checked all plug locations no spark . Also had replaced cap,rotor as well. Plug wires are Indmar only 2-3 years old . I’ve got 12 volts everywhere but no spark. Last test was ohm meter on distributor and I get nothing leading me to think the alternator failure may have wiped it.
    It really is a simple circuit and can’t think of anything I’m missing.

Looking for any other ideas, thoughts and yes did check ignition switch.

Also anyone have a part number of the distributor. Can’t seem to narrow down on the websites

Thanks guys sorry for the long post.
    CS

It was the distributor. Replaced it and boat fired right up. Timed it to BTDC 10 degrees and running smoothly throughout the RPM range.
    CS

Good to here your good to go. Thanks for the fix info.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Good reading,I have an 03 Outback ls with the 310 carbed engine.So far mines been pretty good.One carb rebuild and a fuel pump!
    jy