Default Adding Tower Speakers

Ok guys,

This winter i am Going to Add tower speakers to my recently Purchased 2013 Moomba mobius LSv.
    budget is 2K

Been looking at Jl Audio, Rockford, and Wetsounds. All 8" Speakers

Wanting good listening for just hanging out back of boat, Surf, and Maybe 3/4 times a year my son wakeboards

Suggestions on these speakers along with AMps

Also do you guys recommend a volume controller for tower speakers to cabin speakers

While most every 8" coaxial tower speaker will have similar output potential, they all do have their own sound signature. Those 3 offer a good 8", and id also toss in the Kicker KMTC8 or even the KMTC9 HLCD.

At a minimum, id suggest an amp in the range of 200W rms x 2. A bridged 4 chnl will get you the most wattage for the $$$. With this said, the Rockford 8" coaxial has the lowest real world power handling of these listed. They seem to top out by the 150W rms range. Ive run plenty of the Icon-8 and KM8 at the 200W rms range.

Short of a dual zone volume setup, id at least suggest a single zone on the in-boats. Its more user friendly to be able to dial back the in-boat level while cranking the tower volume for the rider.

Thanks, Was leaning more toward the Rev 8's. Unless you think the Icons will do what needed

Tossing JL in throws me off, as they do no make an HLCD. The rockford 8" HLCD is much like their 8" coaxial. Low real world power handling in comparison, and a small compression driver by comparison.

If your stated goals are mostly surf and party cove, with an occasional wake range projection, Id go with the Rev-10 over the rev-8. Small price jump for a much larger speaker.

I’m selling a pair of Kicker KM8’s in Kicker 8” towers pods with the KXM 400.4 amp to go with them. $550 + shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I’m selling a pair of Kicker KM8’s in Kicker 8” towers pods with the KXM 400.4 amp to go with them. $550 + shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Message Sent

Replied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz