Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding seat hinges to a Max

Would like to add hinges to the larger seats in my Max behind the driver seat and same on port side. Curious if anyone has done this and what hinges were used. Pics would be great if you have any. Thanks

2019 Moomba Max

Here’s one thread with them added along with other items

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=Murder

I would give these a shot if it was me though so the seat opens up towards you

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/sk...-inch-set-of-2

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Here’s one thread with them added along with other items

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=Murder

I would give these a shot if it was me though so the seat opens up towards you

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/sk...-inch-set-of-2
    Those won't work. Z28/MurderMax did it with those because there are no cross beams to attach those to. The port side lacks cross beams on both sides and the starboard side lacks a cross beam on the stern side.

I believe he contemplated adding the cross beams to make it work, but ultimately went with his solution. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to add them as it is a nice solution....but I'm feeling like my boat will be a 3-4 year boat at most until I jump up in size and will just deal with the minor inconvenience. I only access them to let them dry out when being put up. If you plan on keeping it for any length of time, seems well worth the small trouble.
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 08-25-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

I wonder if they will work on the bench cushions behind the driver and passenger seating area? I have a craz and have thought about looking into hinged cushions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if anyone answered your question but I’m interested in this as well. I would not want to have the seat open out like the example given shows but open up like a normal bench seat would. Hopefully the pic explains what I mean. I’d like to where to get these hinges as well.

C4692AE1-FE43-4411-BC67-638C4820F080.jpg

This is the one mod I wish I had
    2019' Moomba Max

Yup wished mine were hinged too. I’ve actually got two small tears in both of my bow cushions from them being so heavy and awkward shaped to handle it’s easy for them to drop in the compartment unless you use hands. Around $450 to replace the entire cushion from SC or $350 for the skin and have a local shop install it. I’m just going to order them as complete replacements from SC at some point. My filler cushion thankfully hides them but still..ugh.
    Last edited by haknslash; 11-07-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yup wished mine were hinged too. I’ve actually got two small tears in both of my bow cushions from them being so heavy and awkward shaped to handle it’s easy for them to drop in the compartment unless you use hands. Around $450 to replace the entire cushion from SC or $350 for the skin and have a local shop install it. I’m just going to order them as complete replacements from SC at some point. My filler cushion thankfully hides them but still..ugh.
    Bow cushions are never hinged on any boats....

Yes they’re certainly awkward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Bow cushions are never hinged on any boats....

Yes they’re certainly awkward!

2020+ SA bow seats are hinged.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    2020+ SA bow seats are hinged.

Moomba Boats*